Warning #1: PX4/Pixhawk users upgrading from AC3.1.5 (or earlier) may need to re-do their compass and accelerometer calibration because AC3.2 also uses the backup compass and accels.  Pre-arm checks have been added to ensure this has been done.

Warning #2: on the APM2.x the logs must be downloaded using MAVlink instead of the terminal.

AC3.2-rc14 is now available for BetaTesters through the mission planner’s Beta Firmwares link.  The full release notes can be found in ReleaseNotes.txt and changes from -rc13 can be seen below.

Feel free to raise issues found during testing on this discussion or in the new support section in the APM Forum.

It’s a big release with “the onion” restructure and a bunch of new features (including these 57 closed items) so we need to re-test almost everything including all flight modes, all mission commands and all the new features.  Marco and I will be maintaining (and adding to) this testing list.  Issues reported will first be checked by Jonathan, Marco and I and then confirmed bugs/issues will be put on the github issues list (and then hopefully fixed).

Thanks especially to the beta testers who put their copters at risk testing each release.  Enjoy!

Changes from 3.2-rc13
1) Safety Features:
     a) fail to arm if second gyro calibration fails (can be disabled with ARMING_CHECK)
2) Bug fixes:
    a) DCM-check to require one continuous second of bad heading before triggering LAND
    b) I2C bug that could lead to Pixhawk freezing up if I2C bus is noisy
    c) reset DCM and EKF gyro bias estimates after gyro calibration (DCM heading could drift after takeoff due to sudden change in gyro values)
    d) use primary GPS for LED status (instead of always using first GPS)

Views: 305798

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just a quick thought here Guys,

Since we really need to keep the Beta Mission Planner in use for the Beta 3.2 firmware, mightn't it not be a good idea on the Beta Mission Planner top line to indicate that you are using the beta version, perhaps by putting in the Word "Beta".

We often get notified we need to update Mission Planner which, most people dutifully accept and tell it to go ahead and upload.

From what I can tell, even if you already had the Beta version of Mission Planner, it only loads the non-beta version so now you have a non-beta version of Mission planner trying to mesh with your Beta firmware.

And as the Centimeters to Meters Circle Mode Radius problem illustrates, this may not be a good idea.

The simple solution is simply to put the word "Beta" on the top of the Mission Planner page for the Beta version.

At least then we will know.

Best regards,

Gary

Christian,  or anyone else

I am not familiar with board connections, header pins etc.  Could you please elaborate on the board soldering connections and cable components?

1) What is soldered to the board?

2) What is connected to what is soldered to the board?

3) What is used at the Pixhawk end of the cable?

I have both a spare 6pin and 2 pin 3DR DF13 cable if they would be of any use in this project.

I have ordered a Mini NEO-M8N from CSG and want to have the components ready when it arrives

Hi,

I was flying today with my quad and had strange issue with RTL, as soon i switched into RTL the copter descent fast and landed (nothing broke but i cannot find the reason why this happend. (it is the second occurrence on this quad) tried afterwards few times but RTL was normal !!!)

could someone have a look at the attached log and tell me whats wrong ?

Thanks

Thomas

Thomas,

Logs??? Did you forget something??

I can't seem to get compass calibration to work properly on either my APM 2.6 with a NEO 7 or my Pixhawk with a CSG NEO 8. I'm not sure if it's 3.2, Mission Planner or me. Both quads have calibrated without difficulty before loading 3.2 and doing the recent Mission Planner update. It says it is complete long before it did before and before I have a chance to complete all the axis. On the Pixhawk the offsets are - compass 1/ -104 -131 554,  compass 2/ -25 25 6 so it is mainly compass 1 although the offsets for both are inconsistent. There is nothing different about the location where I am calibrating. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

upps.. file was too big and no error message :-(

Attachments:

Rob,

Ok, thanks a lot for figuring that out.  I've updated the Relay and Mission Command wiki pages with what you've found so hopefully it'll be easier for the next person.

Hey Guys,

I just loaded ac 3.2 with mission planner 1.1.12 and it seems I have some issues. I almost had 3 flyaways today while in loiter. I just finished this big bird and have been having some ESC issues with it as well. I do not suspect the esc issues have much, if anything to do with the flyaways, but I thought I would include that as well. The vibration levels seem to be very good with the exception of a couple blips here and there coming from the gimbal. Which i suspect may have something to do with it.

I am using a 1200mm hex with avroto 3515's, 16*5.4 tmotor props, maytech opto 60a esc's(overkill i know) and 2 10000mah batteries. It flew very well with ac 3.15 would love an experts insight into my logs as to why I had these flyaways.

Hdop and sat counts are great throughout the flight.

Here is the log files

Attachments:

Test: Compass = PASS - mag_field interference within limits (9.92%)
Max mag field length (559.10) > recommended (550.00)

A compass interference perhaps?

my parameter:

WP_YAW_BEHAVIOR= 1 (heading nose to next WP & RTL)

FS_THR_ENABLE=0 (Disabled)

FS_GCS_ENABLE=2 (Continue mission/waypoint) *propblem nose will not heading ROI point. nose heading next wp

i think the heading conflict between YAW BEHAVIOUR & FS_GCS

So, What should do if i want continue mission without ignoring ROI point during GCS_Failsafe

*blurr

wouldnt compass interference only translate into yaw motion? it pitched over to 30 degrees and started flying away.

Wait expert answers but if it is desoriented i suppose it probably fly away, It doesn't know where north is.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service