Warning #1: PX4/Pixhawk users upgrading from AC3.1.5 (or earlier) may need to re-do their compass and accelerometer calibration because AC3.2 also uses the backup compass and accels.  Pre-arm checks have been added to ensure this has been done.

Warning #2: on the APM2.x the logs must be downloaded using MAVlink instead of the terminal.

AC3.2-rc14 is now available for BetaTesters through the mission planner’s Beta Firmwares link.  The full release notes can be found in ReleaseNotes.txt and changes from -rc13 can be seen below.

Feel free to raise issues found during testing on this discussion or in the new support section in the APM Forum.

It’s a big release with “the onion” restructure and a bunch of new features (including these 57 closed items) so we need to re-test almost everything including all flight modes, all mission commands and all the new features.  Marco and I will be maintaining (and adding to) this testing list.  Issues reported will first be checked by Jonathan, Marco and I and then confirmed bugs/issues will be put on the github issues list (and then hopefully fixed).

Thanks especially to the beta testers who put their copters at risk testing each release.  Enjoy!

Changes from 3.2-rc13
1) Safety Features:
     a) fail to arm if second gyro calibration fails (can be disabled with ARMING_CHECK)
2) Bug fixes:
    a) DCM-check to require one continuous second of bad heading before triggering LAND
    b) I2C bug that could lead to Pixhawk freezing up if I2C bus is noisy
    c) reset DCM and EKF gyro bias estimates after gyro calibration (DCM heading could drift after takeoff due to sudden change in gyro values)
    d) use primary GPS for LED status (instead of always using first GPS)

Views: 305688

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Leonard,
If you check the word file, you'll see that the ending value's are indeed close to what you are specifying..
The last screenshot gives a RATE_RLL_D of 0.00849999, and a RATE_PIT_D of 0.015 which are the results of the Auto-tune session...
This is a log screen dump of a flight directly following the auto-tune flights....

Are you saying you need to prep these values before attempting auto tune ?

I had a crash based on the D value's being too low, so as soon as it started to oscillate due to wind or an RTL command, it couldn't recover from that.

That's probably why my starting value's (pre tune) are higher as you specified...
Post tune the copter is flying perfect however...

But I'll give it a shot as soon as the wind drops here, it's to windy at this moment..

Erik

Hi Leonard,

see my logs, you'll find them on page 100. two props should not be gone for good.

Hi Leonard,

And hereby the requested log's with both the same starting PID values.

Both V3.15 and V3.20 RC5 behaved as expected, and tuned well.

Am I right in reading the ATUN values that each last line of a tuning session (Axis 0, and 1) the found optimal values would need to end up in the PID settings of Roll (Axis 0) and PID settings of Pitch (Axis 1) ?

So at line 47558 it finished the Roll tuning with RPGain 0.07999 -> Rate-Roll P & I, and the RDGain 0.085 -> Rate-Roll D, and SPGain 14,5 should end up in Stabilize Roll P ?

And of course the same on Pitch from last line in Axis 1 tuning?

Thanks in advance..

Erik

Attachments:

Hi All, installed 3.2 rc5 yesterday from 3.1.5.....just magic.   I operate a 1300mm quad running 130kv motors.  Tested, stab, loiter, alt hold, auto and flight plan resume.  No jumps now between modes,  waypoint transition now super smooth.  Had some trouble tuning the quad from wind gust disturbances so I decided to land and activate EKF.  Wow, made a big difference to this machine, now super stable.  Will try auto tune with EKF enabled next flight.  Well done to all the Devs and flight testers.

it s a good way to see a good and reliable officiel 3.2 !

Randy,  I performed a flight for 4 minutes outside in backyard with NEO-7M in Serial 4/5 port and my 3DR LEA-6H GPS on a mass and have logs for you to review.  Would you please look them over and tell me what I'm seeing between them both.  Is the combination of NEO and LEA a good choice or should I try a different secondary GPS?

Attachments:

I built a little HK 250 to entertain myself and put a Pixhawk on it. I didn't have much luck with 3.1.5. It took off fine but was obviously very overturned as it had a lot of shake/vibration. I lowered the PIDs and tried again but it shot off to the left so I ditched it. 

Last night I loaded up 3.2-RC6 enabled EFK and set MPU as Leonard suggested. It took off quite nicely on the first flight but was still in need of tuning. It was stable enough for an auto tune which worked very well. The battery ran out shortly after the auto tune so I didn't get to fly it for long but it was obvious that it was flying quite well. 

It's a much different thing to fly then any of my other copters and I'm sure it will be great fun. Thanks for your work and help.

GocGoc,

Thanks for the report.

There are some reports that the EKF can be a little twitchy in Loiter mode although Paul Riseborough (who created the EKF with Tridge) has a patch to resolve that.  It's not a bug though, it's an additional filter I think.

EKF is already the default on Plane but for Copter we're going to leave it as the backup for AC3.2 but it'll likely be the default for AC3.3.  So hopefully between now and then people can give it a try at a relaxed pace and we can sort out any issues that appear.

Doug,

Oh, dual GPS, great!  Looks like it's configured properly so that's good.  Unfortunately we don't log the 2nd GPS's data in the tlogs (issue raised here).  They only appear in the dataflash logs.  Any chance you have those?

Hi Randy, I noticed a little twitching in loiter only when I was commanded movement, in the hover it seemed to be fine.   These 130kv motors are a little docile anyway. I will keep monitoring.

George, Martin,

Thanks for the reports.  I certainly hope after we fixed that init bug in the compass driver that this will be the last time you're forced to re-do the compass calibration.  By the way, MichaelO has dramatically reduced the strictness of the compass calibration in the next version of mission planner.  I'm able to calibrate now in about 300 point... i haven't tested whether the accuracy has been sacrificed at all but I suspect it'll be ok.

@nickthecook,

Yes, we're doing this actually using a bunch of #defines that include/exclude many features (but not all) depending upon the board.  For example the EKF and dual GPS are only on the Pixhawk.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service