Warning #1: PX4/Pixhawk users upgrading from AC3.1.5 (or earlier) may need to re-do their compass and accelerometer calibration because AC3.2 also uses the backup compass and accels.  Pre-arm checks have been added to ensure this has been done.

Warning #2: on the APM2.x the logs must be downloaded using MAVlink instead of the terminal.

AC3.2-rc14 is now available for BetaTesters through the mission planner’s Beta Firmwares link.  The full release notes can be found in ReleaseNotes.txt and changes from -rc13 can be seen below.

Feel free to raise issues found during testing on this discussion or in the new support section in the APM Forum.

It’s a big release with “the onion” restructure and a bunch of new features (including these 57 closed items) so we need to re-test almost everything including all flight modes, all mission commands and all the new features.  Marco and I will be maintaining (and adding to) this testing list.  Issues reported will first be checked by Jonathan, Marco and I and then confirmed bugs/issues will be put on the github issues list (and then hopefully fixed).

Thanks especially to the beta testers who put their copters at risk testing each release.  Enjoy!

Changes from 3.2-rc13
1) Safety Features:
     a) fail to arm if second gyro calibration fails (can be disabled with ARMING_CHECK)
2) Bug fixes:
    a) DCM-check to require one continuous second of bad heading before triggering LAND
    b) I2C bug that could lead to Pixhawk freezing up if I2C bus is noisy
    c) reset DCM and EKF gyro bias estimates after gyro calibration (DCM heading could drift after takeoff due to sudden change in gyro values)
    d) use primary GPS for LED status (instead of always using first GPS)

Views: 305601

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's fixed. I don't know why but I had to reset the pixhawk on the full params list page and then do all the initial calibrations. Bill over there at APM forum set me straight. I know what you mean about bad gps around buildings etc however I had flown here many times it was just 'wigging'. ha Anyway good to know about reseting the board. Sometimes I guess these little electronic gremlins show up and just need to start over. 

http://ardupilot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=100&t=10932

Richard, is it actually flying right now, or you have just fixed the offsets problem?

Actually flying yes. That definitely solved the issue. I had thought perhaps it was interfeirance from the X8R receiver but that was not the case. Good thing because it would have been difficult to move it 8 feet away from the pixhawk. ha 

Great news.  I was going to suggest the potential for problems from the X8R, but I guess you know the issue there.

So far I'm having no problems with my X8R and X6R.

Yes whole Taranis system seems very well made. The ability to see bat and gps status right on the TX is really nice as I don't feel the need to connect a gcs every time. Peter King over there at Droneshop is working on some nice firmware for the teesny and TX I really look forward to getting set up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWRNhiJ1BNk

lol, that teensy firmware been here for almost a year now :) search DIYD. there are several different firmwares available, one original by Rolf B.  and couple derivatives which use lua scripts  on taranis to display telemetry info nicely and toggle different functions on taranis itself. one of the derivatives even includes code and the needed voltage divider schematics for each cell monitoring. all three stable versions of these code are open sourced so everyone can adjust them for the needs. I still use original Rolf's 1.3 code to which I added GPS fix and changed some variables to my liking. 

p.s.oh forgot to mention someone even ported the code to run on arduino mini :) 

Yes I am for sure behind the curve on all this!! lol I only got the radio a couple weeks ago so cut me some slack ;) But all very cool stuff! The folks over at Futaba must not be sleeping so well. I've been buying Futaba for 30 years but it just didn't make sense anymore. The final straw was when I saw RC Modeler review tested out the frequency hopping on the scope and actual range performance both suggested the reliability of the signal was outstanding. 

Sounds like it should be put into a github for version control (if it's not already)!

there are 2 branches on github now... 

Please try this log

Attachments:

Thanks Max.  I've been using DP for monitoring only.  But I can see that with all the capability it has will have there is potential for confusion and catastrophe.

I have a 650 quad with 12" props on 700kv motors that felt pretty smooth with stock settings. I ran the autotune on 3.2 and it became very very twitchy. I backed off RC feel and roll/pitch sensitivity but it still feels very twitchy. Any advice? Should I take RC feel lower? I can't lower roll/pitch anymore. Should I try autotune again?
I've included screenshots of my current pids and rc feel settings below.

Attachments:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service