Warning #1: PX4/Pixhawk users upgrading from AC3.1.5 (or earlier) may need to re-do their compass and accelerometer calibration because AC3.2 also uses the backup compass and accels.  Pre-arm checks have been added to ensure this has been done.

Warning #2: on the APM2.x the logs must be downloaded using MAVlink instead of the terminal.

AC3.2-rc14 is now available for BetaTesters through the mission planner’s Beta Firmwares link.  The full release notes can be found in ReleaseNotes.txt and changes from -rc13 can be seen below.

Feel free to raise issues found during testing on this discussion or in the new support section in the APM Forum.

It’s a big release with “the onion” restructure and a bunch of new features (including these 57 closed items) so we need to re-test almost everything including all flight modes, all mission commands and all the new features.  Marco and I will be maintaining (and adding to) this testing list.  Issues reported will first be checked by Jonathan, Marco and I and then confirmed bugs/issues will be put on the github issues list (and then hopefully fixed).

Thanks especially to the beta testers who put their copters at risk testing each release.  Enjoy!

Changes from 3.2-rc13
1) Safety Features:
     a) fail to arm if second gyro calibration fails (can be disabled with ARMING_CHECK)
2) Bug fixes:
    a) DCM-check to require one continuous second of bad heading before triggering LAND
    b) I2C bug that could lead to Pixhawk freezing up if I2C bus is noisy
    c) reset DCM and EKF gyro bias estimates after gyro calibration (DCM heading could drift after takeoff due to sudden change in gyro values)
    d) use primary GPS for LED status (instead of always using first GPS)

Views: 305533

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I also just uploaded the last flight log with 3.1.5 to droneshare and also have it attached here. I checked the parameters list on droneshare and now with 3.1.5 it only has one marking that is in red which is:

MOT_TCRV_MAXPCT = 93

The couple that were marked in red on the rc7 log parameters had to do with max angle. Not sure if any of this has anything to do with what I seen. Just trying to put as much info out there as possible. 

Here is a link to the droneshare flight with 3.1.5: http://www.droneshare.com/mission/17082

Attachments:

I am now getting 9 sats in my basement with the NEO-7M ...so the earlier poor performance was likely the weather. 11-12 sats outside. 

Jim  re motor pulsating... It's a known issue I believe. I did this and it went away. 

Attachments:

Today i went out for more test results and i was having a really bad crash during acro flight.

In this figure i'm flighing upwards to about 100m then i flip over to upsidedown by roll movement 180° and then back to normal by pitch movement 180°. We could say this is the short way to turn direction homewards ;)

Anyway after the first roll movement to upsidedown the Hexa ticket out an begun to circle like crazy and i could not gain back control. After that the hexa was falling like as stone from about 100m to ground.I've attached the logfile it seeems to be a BARO-2 issue ?

The flight started with some great flips this is all normal stuff no bug, you need to take a look at the end of the file.

Attachments:

the camera was also attached and there is a special music tone which can be heard during fall it goes like  "di di de ddee ddde da du". So like it would say im shooting down.

Today i went out for more test results and i'm having one good and one bad news.
The good news : this issue seems to be solved by AC3.2. RC7. The First autotune run was almost there where i was expecting the PID's. After a second run the PID's were close to AC3.1.5 as below :

STB Roll 11.25
STB Pitch 11.25
Rate Roll P 0.12; I 0.12; D 0.0150
Rate PItch P 0.195; I 0.195; D 0.0150

This values seemed to work very good except for a strange motor pulsing in acceleration and in AltHold. But i think this could have also another source ?

The bad news i was having a really bad crash which stopped me to go further.

Attached the logs for AC3.2 _RC7 first and second run

Attachments:

If somebody could look at this log I'd appreciate it.

First flight at higher altitude and speed with 3.2 rc6.

In pos hold, after a faster speed, it wigged out and tried flying off in all directions which was hard correct until I realized I should simply switch back to stabilize so there was no gps position input. After that it was fine. Not sure if it was the 3.2 rc6 or if it was the new ublox 6M gps I installed earlier that day. It had been working fine at low speed in my yard. The gps is mounted closer to the pixhawk than my previous installations but it seemed fine i.e. the compass heading did not change with throttle. However maybe that had something to do with it?? I do have checks off and I recalibrate several times... also rebooted but it still won't arm with checks on.  Here's the log.... I think it's the right one. 

Attachments:

Hi Kevin !

Follow-Me is still not working in the latest beta of Andropilot, tried with Arducopter 3.2_RC5.

However keeping all the conditions same, and switching back to Droidplanner 2 beta, Follow-Me works very well.

it seems to be an issue with the BARO-2 like it was on mine.

left a note on your G+, still not working in FW 3.2 RC 7 

@George Randall:

Once you have an account on droneshare, how do you upload your .log file?

Thank you in advance

I had a crash with rc6 today. I was flying in poshold and my quad just droped out of the sky like a brick. I have had about 10 really nice flights prior to this crash. How could I tell if this was the land detector bug? I am pretty new to reading logs so any direction would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9crrqtpn2eckz5z/2014-09-06%2015-00-20.log...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service