Warning #1: PX4/Pixhawk users upgrading from AC3.1.5 (or earlier) may need to re-do their compass and accelerometer calibration because AC3.2 also uses the backup compass and accels.  Pre-arm checks have been added to ensure this has been done.

Warning #2: on the APM2.x the logs must be downloaded using MAVlink instead of the terminal.

AC3.2-rc14 is now available for BetaTesters through the mission planner’s Beta Firmwares link.  The full release notes can be found in ReleaseNotes.txt and changes from -rc13 can be seen below.

Feel free to raise issues found during testing on this discussion or in the new support section in the APM Forum.

It’s a big release with “the onion” restructure and a bunch of new features (including these 57 closed items) so we need to re-test almost everything including all flight modes, all mission commands and all the new features.  Marco and I will be maintaining (and adding to) this testing list.  Issues reported will first be checked by Jonathan, Marco and I and then confirmed bugs/issues will be put on the github issues list (and then hopefully fixed).

Thanks especially to the beta testers who put their copters at risk testing each release.  Enjoy!

Changes from 3.2-rc13
1) Safety Features:
     a) fail to arm if second gyro calibration fails (can be disabled with ARMING_CHECK)
2) Bug fixes:
    a) DCM-check to require one continuous second of bad heading before triggering LAND
    b) I2C bug that could lead to Pixhawk freezing up if I2C bus is noisy
    c) reset DCM and EKF gyro bias estimates after gyro calibration (DCM heading could drift after takeoff due to sudden change in gyro values)
    d) use primary GPS for LED status (instead of always using first GPS)

Views: 305620

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just tried Loiter, yea looks like mid stick there too...flew like crap but we have lots  of wind today so I can't be sure if that was it.  The mid stick take off is not near as concerning as the fly away in Hybrid.  I attached the loiter take off log here.

Attachments:

Thanks Edgar, thats disappointing news, i thought that was one of the major steps to bring it more in line with NAZA or SUPERX, it was one of the enhancements i was looking forward to. thanks again for checking it out

Now that i look on the list, that appears to be on there, ITEM #6 so i will assume they are getting to it in their GINORMOUOS list of things to do. so i will sit back and be patient.

Micha, I had noticed this behaviour with my first quad (only APM case) but not with another one built with a "DJI phantom-like" frame.

For me, this effect was already there with 3.1 release, and especially in Alt_Hold mode (but less in Loiter).

I've conclude it's related to baro disturbance and the frame aerodynamism... Alt_Hold = Hybrid reaching higher velocity than loiter, that brings a higher baro disturbance translated by a higher altitude drop.

There may be other explanation, that's just my 2 cents.

Well says smoother take off but noting about mid stick so may be different, i.e. between 10% and mid stick.

hmmm good point

Thanks a lot Edgar for testing!

Same issue indeed at the end of the flight...

Actually, the problem comes from bad DAccX/Y init imo.

Randy, do you think your fix for x/y twitch could bring that kind of bad _accel_target.x/y init?

I fear that's the last change that affects hybrid mode I've not tested yet...

Thank you for looking into this, so what about take off?  For me APM Hybrid mode needs to be over mid throttle to take off on the APM...but for my NAZA GPS mode its seamless transition from initial throttle up.

Actually, hybrid throttle management is the same as all the other throttle controlled modes (Alt_Hold, Loiter, ...).

The management works this way : If throttle stick > mid => increase desired_Alt, otherwise, decrease.

So, it would require a special throttle management to fit NAZA's one.

okay, no worries as long as I know what to expect and now I know its just a different way of doing it.  Thanks again so much for the time spent on this.  Hope my fly away gets fixed, I'd be happy to test again when ready.

How about PWM RSSI?

Matthias' notes will get analog working for you.

I am still having trouble getting sonar working on PixHawk - I thought it was included in this release.  I am able to get it to test in CLI by setting the sonar pin, but I am unable to get it to give a proper reading, or modify the scaling to get desired results. Status only displays "0" for sonar values, even with successful testing.  There is still not a method to define the sonar pin in MP.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service