arducopter flight controllers

I am currently using a Pixhawk flight controller, but I am building a 250 mini quad and would like something smaller and cheaper.  I am not going to do autonomous mission and don't need a GPS, but I would like to ability to add one later.

Are there other smaller arducopter flight controllers out there?  What are their disadvantages?

I am use to the APM mission planner, but what about other types of flight controllers?  Are they as easy to set up and use as the Pixhawk?

Thanks,

Rich

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• RC Model Review of Naze32

A larger number of mini-quad owners use the Naze32 board.  Much better choice vs the KK2.  The full board come with a barometer and magnetic compass built in.  Most popular software is BaseFlight Configurator, a free Google Chrome app used to set up and configure board.

I replaced my KK2 board on my small quad with a Naze32 Funfly - much more stable and has Alt Hold and Simple Mode.

I use a APM 2.5.2 on my bigger quad.

Rick

• Rick,

Thanks for the input.  I looked those up and watch a youtube video of the set up.  I'll give that a try at some point.  For now I am comfortable using the Mission planner, so I will probably stick with an Arducopter board.  

I found called the HKPilot.  It's a smaller cheaper board that interfaces with Mission Planner.  It's from Hobby King.

Richard Boyhan,  thanks for the info.  However, suggesting a google search isn't much help.  I come on this forum in the hopes that those with a lot more experience than me, will share there knowledge and experiences. 

• T3
    Do a google search, there is a mini-APM or you could try a KK2 board.
This reply was deleted.

Activity