Good day guys !!  

I feel the need to obtain the information from my PixHawk in my Graupner MZ-24 screen. I found
some threads talking about a change in arducopter firmware to run the telemetry, not good at messing original controller firmware.

Then I found an "adapter" that staff of the AutoQuad made to convert the MavLink in Hott telemetry.

I come here to share a few changes I made in the project Mav2Rott downloaded here: http://autoquad.org/software-downloads/?did=31.
This is an adaptation to send the telemetry PixHawk for Graupner Hott Protocol.

Is correct with some features:

Battery Voltage;
Altitude for barometer;
Satellite count Speed;
Flight Modes Current drawn by the motor;
Direction of the Head;

I am not able to make it work:

Correct display Latitude and Longitude;
Distance of Home;
Direction of Home;

If anyone can help thank you very much.
The project is attached to the topic. The connections are equal to the jd-ioboard. I am using an Arduino Pro Mini.

Mav2HoTT_NoLeds.zip

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi is there anyone who is using vario voice from graupner mx20. It doesn't work corectly in my setup any idea why ?
  • Ok so I found how to disable "minimum altitude" in "fence alerts" min altitude must be set to OFF

• Hi and another question. After take off I still hear "minimum altitude" message on my earphones from mx20. Does anyone knows how to disable that alert ?

• Is that normal that from time to time telemetry is 0000 and after one second it's showing data again ?

• Michel Kosloff said:

What model of receiver do you have?

I use GR-16.

• Ultrafuge said:

Hi,

With the original schematic (Power from Pixhawk to 'Vcc' I get fluctuating Rx voltage display.
    I get much better results by powering the Arduino from the Rx (Rx on 2s). Red wire goes to 'RAW' and NOT to 'Vcc' !!! Signal (white / orange) goes to '3' and black/brown to 'GND'.
    Two wires ('RXI' and 'GND') to Pixhawk.

What model of receiver do you have?

I experienced similar behavior only with GR-12/GR-12L

• New version is available here http://mediamax.pro/MAVLink2HoTT/

MAVLink2HoTT
  • Hi,

With the original schematic (Power from Pixhawk to 'Vcc' I get fluctuating Rx voltage display.
    I get much better results by powering the Arduino from the Rx (Rx on 2s). Red wire goes to 'RAW' and NOT to 'Vcc' !!! Signal (white / orange) goes to '3' and black/brown to 'GND'.
    Two wires ('RXI' and 'GND') to Pixhawk.

• Hi Kay

I had the interface running with an APM mini from Hobbyking. The MavLink2Hott interface was connected parallel to minimOSD. In the meantime I changed APM mini to Pixracer from Hobbyking and it is working as before.

Please check settings from @FLO and check settings according to MAVLink2Hott where I started the same project, but didnot finish, because this interface works perfect.

You have to define data sent out on the serial interface you are using. E.g. if you use Serial 3 on Pixhawk, you have to define all SR3 parameters as described before. 

best regards

Hannes

j-lang/MAVLink2Hott
    Interface for Ardupilot (Pixhawk, APM ...) to Graupner HoTT receiver to deliver Ardupilot telemetry data to Graupner transmitter. - j-lang/MAVLink2Ho…
  • Hello Kay,

I think SR1 and SR2 are the telemetry ports 1 and 2 on the pixhawk. But as you have an APM, I'm not sure...

Flo

This reply was deleted.

Activity