Good day guys !!  

I feel the need to obtain the information from my PixHawk in my Graupner MZ-24 screen. I found
some threads talking about a change in arducopter firmware to run the telemetry, not good at messing original controller firmware.

Then I found an "adapter" that staff of the AutoQuad made to convert the MavLink in Hott telemetry.

I come here to share a few changes I made in the project Mav2Rott downloaded here: http://autoquad.org/software-downloads/?did=31.
This is an adaptation to send the telemetry PixHawk for Graupner Hott Protocol.

Is correct with some features:

Battery Voltage;
Altitude for barometer;
Satellite count Speed;
Flight Modes Current drawn by the motor;
Direction of the Head;

I am not able to make it work:

Correct display Latitude and Longitude;
Distance of Home;
Direction of Home;

If anyone can help thank you very much.
The project is attached to the topic. The connections are equal to the jd-ioboard. I am using an Arduino Pro Mini.

Views: 7785

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Everybody, thank you all for your help and support,

I am happy to report success.

I had contacted Michel Kosloff, the developer of the mavlink2hott firmware and after some deliberation and a video I sent him, he suggested not using an arduino with onboard USB, as I had, but rather an arduino pro mini.

That worked like a charm!

Best regards
-Kay

Hi,

With the original schematic (Power from Pixhawk to 'Vcc' I get fluctuating Rx voltage display.
I get much better results by powering the Arduino from the Rx (Rx on 2s). Red wire goes to 'RAW' and NOT to 'Vcc' !!! Signal (white / orange) goes to '3' and black/brown to 'GND'.
Two wires ('RXI' and 'GND') to Pixhawk.

New version is available here http://mediamax.pro/MAVLink2HoTT/

Ultrafuge said:

Hi,

With the original schematic (Power from Pixhawk to 'Vcc' I get fluctuating Rx voltage display.
I get much better results by powering the Arduino from the Rx (Rx on 2s). Red wire goes to 'RAW' and NOT to 'Vcc' !!! Signal (white / orange) goes to '3' and black/brown to 'GND'.
Two wires ('RXI' and 'GND') to Pixhawk.

What model of receiver do you have?

I experienced similar behavior only with GR-12/GR-12L

Michel Kosloff said:

What model of receiver do you have?

I use GR-16.

Is that normal that from time to time telemetry is 0000 and after one second it's showing data again ?

Hi and another question. After take off I still hear "minimum altitude" message on my earphones from mx20. Does anyone knows how to disable that alert ?

Ok so I found how to disable "minimum altitude" in "fence alerts" min altitude must be set to OFF

Hi is there anyone who is using vario voice from graupner mx20. It doesn't work corectly in my setup any idea why ?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Season Two of the Trust Time Trial (T3) Contest 
A list of all T3 contests is here. The current round, the Vertical Horizontal one, is here

© 2018   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service