Hello DIY Drones community,

Gear: APM 2.5, Spektrum DX8 with AR8000 receiver.

I am a newbie to this hobby. I have purchased pre-assembled Arducopter and Spectrum DX8. Only wiring i had to do was between APM and AR8000. I am able to bind DX8 with AR8000 (light turn ON on AR8000) 

I followed Arducopter wiki guide. I am stuck at ESC calibration step 

https://code.google.com/p/arducopter/wiki/AC2_ESC

"

1. Disconnect USB and battery. The entire system must not have power
  2. Turn your radio on and put the radio throttle stick at maximum.
  3. Connect the Lipo to power the APM, radio receiver and ESCs. You will probably hear one or two short musical tone from the ESCs.
  4. When the APM boots, the Red-Blue LEDs will cycle slowly and continuously
  5. Leaving the throttle stick at full, disconnect the Lipo and reconnect it again to reboot the APM and power the system. The APM will now pass the radio signal directly to the ESCs, triggering calibration. The Red-Blue LEDs will cycle quickly - You will probably hear the short musical note and then 2 beeps (it depends on what brand of ESC you have; the 3DR ones will do as described). After the two beeps there is a pause, during this pause drop the throttle to full down. You should hear confirmation/arming beeps. Move quickly to the next step.
  6. Do not unplug, move the throttle up a little to confirm all ESCs are armed and the motors are working in sync.

"

I hear no confirmation in step 5 when i move the throttle stick down. and ofcourse step 6 is not working for me. motors are not spinning :(

any help will be appreciated  as the snow melted away and i am excited to fly the arducopter for the first time. I am from Minnesota!!

20130503_145642.jpg

20130503_145842.jpg

wiring on APM Inputs

One Whilte, three orange and two yellow are in "S" Channel 1 to 6

One Red are in '+' Channel 8

One Black are in '-' Channel 8

AR8000 wiring

six wires (white, orange and yellow) are in the bottom pins of AR8000 (see the attach image)

Black wire is in Top pin AUX 2

Red wire is in Middle pin AUX 2

Views: 4117

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I thought that was only for AC3.0

Not to make this thread bigger I posted my experiences with 3.0.0 today here Help welcome ;-)

Maybe Also check that you have the correct model memory selected in your tx? I had two quads and the model memory wasn't mapped properly.

On July 13th I helped Aleem get his first flight at the Grassfield RC Club Funfly.  He had just loaded the latest 3.0 software version so we ran through the configuration steps again, and it was the ESC calibration which ended up being the issue why the APM was not arming.  It took us few tries to get the ESC calibration to work.  It helps to follow the instructions.

Two flights.

One crash.

It was very windy.

Thank you Blake. It was very kind of you helping me to configure DX8 with APM board. I also have to thank Daniel from HobbyTown USA (local hobby shop, where i live). Daniel helped me with the wiring between AR8000 and APM 2.5 board. I had THRO wire from AR8000, plugged into Channel 8. That was wrong

Here is my current wiring setup between AR8000 and APM INPUTS port

I have a six wire connector that came with Arducopter pre-built kit (check the images i uploaded in original post)

APM INPUTS                 AR8000

Ch 1  (white wire)               AILE

Ch 2 (orange wire)              ELEV

Ch 3 (orange wire)               THRO         

Ch 4 (orange wire)               RUDD

Ch 5 (yellow wire)                GEAR

Ch 6 (yellow wire)                It is disconnected for now

Ch 7 not using it                  none

Ch 8 Red/Black power wires AUX 3     

It was my first time at an RC Air show. I am very impressed with the people and their flying skills. All and all it was a great time. Can't wait to go back and start flying. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service