Arducopter Throttle for hovering

I have a futaba 7c tx and the throttle has the different clicks as you raise or lower the throttle. When hovering my arducopter, one notch lower doesn't provide enough lift, and the next notch up makes the copter fly upwards. Is there a way to make it so it will hover just about perfectly?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Remove the battery.

Open the back.

You will see a spring clip on the throttle axis. Remove the phillips screw holding it, turn over the clip and reinstall the screw.
  • It is normal practice for helicopter rc pilots to remove the ratchet for this exact reason. A smooth throttle is v important for heli control as accurate throttle is impertive. I would recommned changing to a smotth racthet. I dont know Futaba, but on JR the kits comes with both racthets that you change depedning on your preference.
  • I'm pretty sure you can take off the ratchet. My 7c has no throttle detents.

•  

On my Futaba, I adjusted my throttle response curve so that is wasn't so over-sensitive in the middle. In other words, I flattened out the steepness of the response curve. This gave me more notches in the middle. This may sound complicated, but it's easy to do on the Futaba. Of course, this method doesn't guarantee an automatic perfect hover (like it sounds like altitude hold will), but it made it easier for me to achieve a hover manually. For me, it also made my machine generally more controllable (I was having trouble either going up way too fast or down way too fast).

• You have an ACRO transmitter with a ratchet.  You may want to see if you can remove the indent on the spring or get a replacement spring.  That way you will be able to adjust the throttle to any position.

• 3D Robotics

The version of the code we'll release later this week has altitude hold. That should handle this for you.

This reply was deleted.

Activity