Good day everyone, My ArduIMU+ V3 board arrived this morning, then I accidentally put the FTDI cable in reverse, then the "X LED" on the board keeps on blinking, but not like other LEDs the blinking "X LED" is Dimmer..

I tried to upload, DMP code for the ArduIMU+ V3. But its stuck on "Uploading to IO Board",first the Y and Z LEDs Light up, then after it goes off then I waited for a long time still nothing happens. Did not complete the upload, stuck on  "Uploading to IO Board".

What are your suggestions about my problem. Thank you so much

Views: 2176

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Emil,

Thank you for your advices. I have been trying may differnt reset timing as you mentioned. But no luck so far...

Is Your I/O voltage 5 volts or 3.3volts for USB to TTL converter based on the CP2102?  Since I am using the 3.3V I/O, i thought that it might be low for the ArduIMU V3.

I tried different timing and I get three different response in Arduino's output on "Recv"as follows;

avrdude: Send: 0 [30]   [20]

avrdude: Recv: . [bf]

avrdude: Recv: . [be]

avrdude: Recv: . [bc]

It seems that the release timing of the reset button has a some kind of effects on the response.

Again, thank you for your reply.

You hold the reset button after hitting upload and then release it the second you see the tx led blink for the first time. If you just have the cable and not the ftdi basic then there is a way to hack into the ftdi chip from a no longer used arduino.

So this is the best solution found? Holding the reset button on the IMU and waiting for the tx light blink on the ftdi card, then releasing the reset button and the code should update.

I have code running on it and I get real data coming out on the serial monitor, but I need to adjust the code for my use, but have had no success pushing code to it for the last few weeks.  Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

I've had this problem and it's been a few things, wrong board, RTS on close, baud, and for some reason my antivirus program gets in the way.  When all else fails, I go offline and turn off antivirus and it works.

The baud problem is screwy and seems to happen when trying to upload a different baud than was previously uploaded. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Season Two of the Trust Time Trial (T3) Contest 
A list of all T3 contests is here. The current round, the Vertical Horizontal one, is here

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service