ardupilot 2.5.1 board and power

I have an ardupilot 2.5.1 that I.was under the impression that.the esc.would power the.board. well.it doesn't so can I use The power supply connector.from.the store on here for like 25$. I am on phone so this may look odd.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Video . first one is during the esc calibration, last part is after calibration is finished and it is relying on the apm to control the output.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6u89KRVIeo&feature=youtu.be

• I just want to throw this out there. Thank you guys very much for being so patient with me. This is my first build and i have realized that i am a little quick to post a question and then it seams like i figure it out mostly on my own.

I am going to try and make a video of the input on mission planner to show you with the throttle and the motor output.

• When i am in the esc calibration mode before i unplug power from the apm i have full controll over the apm.So here are my steps

Power up radio and plase throttle in max.

power up apm and let the abc lights flash

unplug power from apn

plug back in apm and after the second set of beeps lower throttle to min and them back up a lil will activate the motors to spin.

( At this point i have full control over the motors, i ahev a very slow speed and a very fast speed with gradual change in between.)

Unplug power form the apm and then plug it back in and arm the apm.

At this point i have what you saw in the vidoe. A very sudden start and not alot of range from the motors

• Here is a video of the throttle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkg-klFf4s4&feature=youtu.be

• here is the image from the simulator on the floor. Batt is not all the way charged but you can see what i am saying. I have no curve with throttle.

ScreenHunter_02 Jan. 02 16.33.jpg

ScreenHunter_01 Jan. 02 16.33.jpg

• Ok it was a combo of calibrating the esc, now i got it to spin the motors up. Now my only issue is that i do not have much control over the motors  Seams like they come on fast and i only have a little rpm adjustment when up tot full throttle. I have calibrated it with mission planner also.

• Just tried unpluggin the GPS and the blue light stops blinking and does not check for gps but the C red light never stops blinking and the B orange light never goers solid and still no output from ardupilot. Tx flashing very rapidly and very consistent no change. The RX is a steady flash at about maybe 2 times a second consistently with no change. 

• ok well i was just able to connect to #3 on the frsky d8r-xp and hooked an esc directly to it. That is th eonly output that i am able to gett o work. when i hook into the rest they just spin the motor up full power. So i hooked it back up liek this. #3 on the d8r-xl and on the input 3 in ardupilot and #3 output on the ardupilot. I get an instant gps lock but never a initialization and i am never able to use the or spin up the motor. Its like the ardupilot never finalizes.

Just got output on 1-2-3-and 4 on the d8r-xp receiver to work i just need to adjust the input from sticks b/c the motor is running and does not need ot. Just need now to figure out the ardupilot and get it to finalize so the B led will stay lit. from what i read.

• ok now the led are exactly the same when hooked up to all the esc. and been doing a little more testing. When i hook up the receiver the GPS never locks. AS soon as i unhook it the Ardupilot 2.5.1 restarts and it will lock. So i am not sure where to go at this point.

• The esc never beeped before after they did the first couple beeps when it was powered up but i never had any type of output or control with he radio.

This reply was deleted.

Activity