Ardupilot blue instructions

HelloI have a blue Ardupilot purchased earlier this year that I haven't gotten around to playing with until now. Could someone point me towards some brief documentation/instruction on how to set it up and make use of it. I found the current manual missed somethings relevant to this board. I'd like to try this out before upgrading to the newer Ardupilot + shield.Thanks

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 3D Robotics
    Hmm. Well, the blue one never showed up on the Sparkfun site, and I say we've never seen one so I don't know how many made it out. This is the first I've seen of one (more than 1,000 ArduPilots have been sold). At any rate, since they're 168s, they're the same as the green boards. Which is to say 2.1 and below code only.
  • 3D Robotics
    Well, it appears you've got the only blue board we've seen in the wild. Sparkfun used them for prototypes, but I didn't realize any were sold to the public. Does the CPU say ATmega168 or ATmega328?
  • 3D Robotics
    Blue? There was never a blue board. Do you mean green? If so, everything is pretty much the same, but because it's the smaller ATMega168 CPU, you can only use the 2.1 code, not 2.2 and above. So the config utility and groundstation work, but the user-configureable settings are in the code, not a stand-alone config file.

We don't support the 2.1 code anymore, but between the manual and searching this site, you should be able to find what you need.
This reply was deleted.

Activity