ArduPilot Firmware Version 2.5.1

ArduPilot Firmware Version 2.5.1 has been renamed to ArduPilot Firmware Version 2.6

ArduPilot 2.5 is not yet officially released, but ArduPilot 2.5.1 is already moving into the alpha testing phase.  2.5 was a huge change from 2.4.  The main goals for 2.5.1 are a bit more modest:

1. Support integration of ArduIMU.
  2. Implement a new loop timing structure to better manage processor load.
  3. Change the throttle and elevator control laws to be based on airspeed control via throttle and total energy (energy height) control via throttle.  For airframes without an airspeed sensor use a 3 or 5 point throttle curve based on desired climb/descent
  4. Use a general PID controller function to implement all control laws for simplicity and flexibility
  5. Support for the new groundstation (if it arrives fairly soon)

In addition I hope to iron out some support issues for various airframes and configurations such as airframes using elevons (flying wings, deltas, etc.).

Other functionality which has been looked at but not really worked out that could find its way in to 2.5.1 includes
  1. Support for waypoint upload by xbee (probably only for thermopile setups though)
  2. Support for some integration between Remzibi OSD and ArduPilot
  3. Other requests???

Current status: Well the weather has been pretty poor lately but I did get in two flights today testing the STABILIZE and FLY BY WIRE modes using ArduIMU rather than thermopiles.  So the code is in a somewhat flyable state.   I would like to start working with a small group of alpha testers to continue developing and refining the code.  You do not need to be a programmer type to participate, but you should expect to run in to issues and communicate with the team to help solve them.  If you expect something that "works out of the box" then please look at 2.5 and do not respond to this.  If interested please message me.  Include a statement that you are interested in 2.5.1 in friend requests.  Thanks

Views: 3543

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good news :) Thanks
Mark, great stuff. That sounds very nice to have facilities (if it don't overflow the current processor) :),

Chris, is there an option of adding a session in the site to have a specific space/folder that users can upload their code and we can use for test and evaluation purposes? Than we can feedback in this session an rate the code stability and performance. What you think?
If there is a high rated code, you can evaluate to incorporate to the main Ardupilot code.

Cheers,
Leonardo

Nicely done, Yves. A picture is worth 1k words!
Fantastic...
BTW....this is 12 days before the fly-in here in NM.
Maybe we need to postpone it till end of May.
Earl

Update:
Uplink system is almost ready to test, ArduStation 1.4x software is ready but needs more pages for all PIDs and other control settings, ArduPilot 2.6.3x compiles well, ArduIMU 1.7x needs uplink timer and cmd parser added,
Need to add steering diodes and 10k pull up resistor between IMU xBee & AP.
No progress with Ch-4 ,on hold till Uplink code is functional.
i cant find the hardware for the ardupilot mega imu shield any ideas?
Wow. I read this and got all excited about a new Ardupilot release, then got all confused when I read about it, then realized that Michael Dunston just replied to a post from February!

Old stuff.

And this has nothing to do with Ardupilot Mega IMU.

Anyway.. Michael, here's the hardware for the Ardupilot Mega IMU:
http://store.diydrones.com/product_p/br-0012-01.htm

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service