ArduPilot with Non-ArduIMU

10724-01_i_ma.jpg?width=188

Hi, Just poking here to see if anyone has used a different IMU than the ArduIMU v2 with their ArduPilot AP.  Would it be too difficult to use one instead of the traditional ArduIMU with the original ArduPilot?

Checking out Sparkfun, you can see several options including the board shown.  It's one of several listed on their site and has a lot of features, some seem to be options you'd need to add to the ArduIMU separately such as the mag sensor. Details below.

9 Degrees of Freedom - Sensor Stick

sku: SEN-10724 rohs.png

Description: The 9DOF Sensor stick is a very small sensor board with 9 degrees of freedom. It includes the ADXL345 accelerometer, the HMC5883L magnetometer, and the ITG-3200 gyro. The 'stick' has a simple I2C interface and a mounting hole for attaching it to your project. Also, the board is a mere 0.036" thick (0.093" overall), allowing it to be easily mounted in just about any application.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I think the may difference is that the ArduIMU+ has a processor and runs a DCM filter to process it's sensors raw data.

While your Sparkfun 9DOF Sensor stick is a breakout board for three sensors only. No processing of the raw sensor data at all.

So not really comparable.

Will therefore not work with the ArduPilot.

This reply was deleted.

Activity