ArdupilotMegaPlanner.exe. Unable to find this specific file after download

Hi

While waiting for an assembled A/P Mega to arrive, I downloaded and extracted the APM software - opened it and searched on but could not find the directed  ArdupilotMegaPlanner.exe file.  I did find a file named ArdupilotMegaPlanner.exe.config but this extension is not recognized by Windows 7.

One file I did open briefly showed a green APM title screen - then a DOS screen opened on top and hung up permanently on Waiting for serial port to open message.

0 What is the exact file name I need to look for? memory size would be a helpful checkpoint.

o or do I need to wait until the hardware and cable are in place for the hangup to go away.?

Any help off "stuck" is appreciated. NOTE. I worked through the Audupilot/IMU experience OK - what am I missing here?

Thanks

Mike

Views: 503

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

its the one with the litte green icon

Thanks Michael - that tip was helpful

Mike Cowan

Thanks Chris. I connected my ArduPilot and FTDI to the USB in lieu of an A/P mega not yet here - 2min download - clicked on your icon and instant up and connect to COM 3 at 11k baud.  Very slick and professional GUI. The A/C setup page was somehow bypassed but hey, I like a challenge. 20 years after retirement from DFCS and I couldn't resist the tiny cheap hardware.    Back in the saddle again! What fun.  Thanks so much.

Mike Cowan

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Season Two of the Trust Time Trial (T3) Contest 
A list of all T3 contests is here. The current round, the Vertical Horizontal one, is here

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service