Developer

ArduPlane 2.62 released

I've just released ArduPlane 2.62

The main reason for this release so soon after 2.61 is to fix elevon mixing. That was broken completely in 2.61. My apologies to everyone with an elevon plane!

Other changes in this release:

• new IMU timing code from Randy. This improves the accuracy of the timing in the DCM code, which should give a small improvement in attitude estimation
  • fixed fetching of relative altitude when you save a mission from the APM to a file using the mission planner
  • added support for MAV_CMD_PREFLIGHT_REBOOT_SHUTDOWN. This makes it possible to reboot an APM2 remotely from a ground station
  • added speed scaling for wheeled takeoff. This prevents the rudder from over-correcting in the later parts of a takeoff
  • fixed setting a specific GPS protocol for an APM1-1280. This allows you to select any of the GPS drivers in a APM1-1280.
  • fixed navigation roll in an automated landing, to prevent wings hitting the runway during the last stage of a landing
  • fixed LAND_PITCH_CD to only apply to the final part of a landing
  • fixed noisy PWM output on startup on an APM2. This should help with some cheaper ESCs not booting correctly on startup
  • fix for NMEA parsing from Alexey Kozin (thanks Alexey!)
  • added a AHRS_BARO_USE parameter. This allows you to disable the use of the barometer for vertical acceleration correction. Combined with ALT_MIX, this makes it possible to completely disable the use of the barometer (in case your barometer is very badly shielded from air flow)

Happy flying!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello,

Does anyone know of a servo deflection issue on the APM1 with this version. The MP calibration works 100% and all is reflecting 100%. I have connected my rc equipment directly into the receiver and this works but when I connect it into the APM1 no response and the ESC does not want to arm it only beeps once. I have reset and erase multiple times and this does not fix it either. I have the bixler 1 and uploaded that parms continuously. I am very confused because it used to work before.

Any help will be appreciated

Regards

Christiaan

• Hi guys!

i solved my slow HUD reaction problem just connecting the GPS. It is strange thought because it works sometimes without it!

I tried the plane and everything was nice and smooth!
  • I have had to disable the APM 2.0 from using my airspeed sensor for flight calculations.  Before being disabled I was not able to get RTL to work correctly, it would return but was loosing altitude slowly until I had to take over.  Once I disabled the airspeed sensor from being used in flight calculations, RTL worked perfect, it would return to home and hold the altitude and circle. My question is:  Now that I have the Airspeed disabled for flight calculation will FBW B still work as it requires an airspeed sensor?

Thought I would ask before I tried it.

Thx.

• Quick question on trim. I had the airplane trimmed in manual mode. I calibrated the radio. I then fly and FBW-A mode and it wants to yaw slightly to the left and needs right trim to eliminate the yaw. I added the trim to fly straight and level with no yaw but if I go back to manual I have a strong yaw to the right that I have to eliminate the additional trim. 

This appears to be my last kink, I'd greatly appreciate the help!

Thanks,

Ken

• I am also having issues getting any indication of airspeed. Working fine with 2.60, updated to 2.62, reloaded all the params, and airspeed sits at zero. All the obvious settings are correct. Have been playing with APM1 (2560) since Nov 2011 so hopefully have all settings correct.

I have tested airspeed in terminal using test airspeed function and values coming in fine, so HW must be ok.

• I am asking the same question:
    How can i install an earlier version of arduplane using the Mission Planner?
  • Hi all,

I´m having problems with esc initilization too. I use a turnigy plush 40A and it`s not starting. 

I have another APM2 with the same esc and earlier version of ArduPlane and always worked.

Anyone have a solution? How can i install an earlier version of arduplane using the Mission Planner?

Thanks

• Thanks, can anyone confirm that 2.62 is supposed to work with airspeed ?

I am unable to see AS in MissionPlanner,  - but it works fine in test menu.

APM 2.5

• A question about the software reboot: Code-wise it seems to be restricted to APM2. Is there any reason to believe the same method would not work for an APM1 1280 or is it just untested? Thanks!

• Hi, can anyone explain the parameters ARSPD_OFFSET and ARSPD_RATIO? I'm having real trouble getting meaningful airspeed data. The parameter wiki says what the parameters are, but not what they do exactly, or how to calibrate the airspeed sensor.... thanks

This reply was deleted.

Activity