I don't see any thread started for 3.4 beta testing so hopefully some users can post their experiences here. I have not got a chance to test it yet, but, am looking forward to hearing the reports of initial testers.
Here's the note/changes from Tridge:
I have started the beta release cycle for the 3.4.0 release of
plane. This will be the last release that supports the APM1/APM2 boards.
This is the also the first release that enables the EKF for attitude
and position estimation by default. This has been a long time coming,
and significantly improves the flight performance. You can still
disable the EKF if you want to using the AHRS_EKF_USE parameter.
There has also been a lot of internal code restructuring in this
release, with the move from .pde files to .cpp files and changes to
the handling of include files.
Other key changes include:
- fixed return point on geofence breach
- enable messages for MAVLink gimbal support
- use 64 bit timestamps in dataflash logs
- added realtime PID tuning messages and PID logging
- fixed a failure case for the px4 failsafe mixer
- added DSM binding support on Pixhawk
- added ALTITUDE_WAIT mission command
- added vibration level logging
- ignore low voltage failsafe while disarmed
- added delta velocity and delta angle logging
- fix LOITER_TO_ALT to verify headings towards waypoints within the loiter radius
- allow rudder disarm based on ARMING_RUDDER parameter
- fix default behaviour of flaps
- prevent mode switch changes changing WP tracking
- make TRAINING mode obey stall prevention roll limits
- disable TRIM_RC_AT_START by default
- fixed parameter documentation spelling errors
- send MISSION_ITEM_REACHED messages on waypoint completion
- fixed airspeed handling in SITL simulators
- enable EKF by default on plane
- Improve gyro bias learning rate for plane and rover
- Allow switching primary GPS instance with 1 sat difference
- added NSH over MAVLink support
- added support for mpu9250 on pixhawk and pixhawk2
- Add support for logging ublox RXM-RAWX messages
- lots of updates to improve support for Linux based boards
- added ORGN message in dataflash
- added support for new "blue label" Lidar
- switched to real hdop in uBlox driver
- improved auto-config of uBlox
- raise accel discrepancy arming threshold to 0.75
- improved support for tcp and udp connections on Linux
- switched to delta-velocity and delta-angles in DCM
- improved detection of which accel to use in EKF
- improved auto-detections of flow control on pixhawk UARTs
Please test out the beta and report back on how it goes! There has
been a lot of testing of this release already by core developers so
I'm not expecting a long beta release cycle.
Many thanks to everyone who has contributed to this release!
It has to do with the EKF. It's normal and should clear quickly. I believe it has to do with the GPS not having a solid lock yet so it moves all over the place and to the EKF the plane is going crazy so it throws the warning. Once the GPS lock is achieved and the EKF realizes all is good, it clears the message and youre good to go.
hi, is there anyway that oneshot125+active braking could be enabled? if there isnt, is there any plans for implementation in the future? so used to doing acro with oneshot125+active braking using naze32. it would b great if pixhawk has it too,