Arduplane RTL Throttle Setting

During set up and bench test I have successfully set Flight Modes and Throttle Failsafe and all checked out in MP.  I then connected  the flight pack for a motor on test.  With GPS locked the mode set to manual half  throttle was set and RTL mode switched in.  The mode changed on MP but the throttle cut immediately. I then switched back to manual and the throttle came back up.  I then tried the failsafe function by switching off the TX with the throttle at half.  The MP showed circle as it should but the throttle cut again.  Obviously this would be a disaster during a real flight especially  as I plan to use this plane for FPV.  Am i missing a setting somewhere and if so where?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 100KM

I think it's because of Aprduplane's safety feature - the auto pilot will not start up the motor if the plane has not moved (i.e. flying). This is to prevent carnage on the bench if one accidentally switch modes..

• I'm having a similar problem, but mine works fine on the bench. It's only once I take it out on the field that the throttle cuts. Are you using an airspeed sensor? I've read other discussions about that causing problems in 2.7x. Try disabling that? It didn't work for me and I'm still stuck, so let me know if you figure something out!
    Patrick

This reply was deleted.

Activity