Arm Cortex-M3 based Quadrotor Board

So for the past two months I've been working on a quadrotor project, and I've designed an ARM based board just for it. Contains a TI LM3S9B96 ARM Cortex-M3 (not out yet, some how convinced TI to send me a few), 3-axis gyro, 3-axis accel, compass, zigbee, 4 motor pwm outputs and temperature sensors (also tons of breakout pins). I plan to make a shield with gps, barometer and a couple of other things.. Just now I have confirmed the board completely works, and I'm beginning to get into the kalman filter and pid control loop.

I'm just wondering how many people would be interested in the board. I'm likely to make it open source hardware/software.

Link to the website:  http://wiki.032.la/nsl/Quadrotor

pop_board_rev2.jpg

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I randomly found myself looking at your project page a few days ago, and then saw the thread here. Awesome board, keep up the good work. Looking forward to seeing it fly.
  • The picture is a bit out of date, but the quadrotors IMU and control code is complete. All that's left now is improving hardware to reduced high frequency vibrations from the motors, as well as new props. The control board is going through it's final redesign with tons of new features and hardware. My target price tag is $150 so hopefully within the next month or two we should see the board hit the market (I will provide details very soon!!). Within the next week I plan to be properly balancing on 3 axis (roll,pitch,yaw).

3692258405?profile=original
    I've also included a video of the new kalman filter, let me know if you have any suggestions:

quadonmount.jpg

• What Kalman Filter you are using?

(9-DOF) MPU-60XX + Cortex M4 would be pretty interesting combination...

• Hi Arko!

Finally!!   I got my PCB.   =D
    The next days i'll be soldering the components on the PCB.

And will tell you if it works! 

Here are some pics:
    3692212807?profile=original

3692212676?profile=original

Regards.

•  Hi Arko!!

it's great  to know about your project. 

I'm working on a quadrotor project too "indeed is very similar". I'm using the same microcontroller family, Right now I'm developing the Quadrotor's software  on a LM3S8962 Evaluation kit , but I'll  use the 5000 series on the Quadrotor main board.

I just finished the IMU software, based on Starlino's equations. now i'm working on the PID control loop software. 

It will be interesting if we can share ideas about hardware and software.

Regards. 

• I will follow your development, but I'm not sure I'd buy it. My partner and I had looked at a stellaris ARM7 Cortex M3 board (back when they were independent from TI). I just got a ST ARM7-CM3 for free via a contest entry.

I'd look at these guys: http://oldwiki.openpilot.org/Main_Page and this guy: http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/autoquad-ver-5?commentId=705844...

- Roy

• Nice. Seems CM3/PIC32/etc are nuking the AVR from orbit around here lately.

How did you get a L3G4200D already?

This reply was deleted.

Activity