Hello all,
I've been searching for quite awhile now, but haven't found the solution (yet).
I have a Hex with a PixHawk FC (running APM:Copter V3.3.3 Hexa) and a Taranis TX.
My landing gear is working all right this far:
With CH 8 on a 3 position switch, it's "down" on 991 pwm and "up" on 2010 pwm.
However: CH 8 in mid position (1502 pwm) it should act on "auto".
In Mission Planner I've left the servo pwm values on default.
So my problem is: How can I get it to react in mid position (auto retract)
Thanks in advance.

Views: 2537

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Nobody?

I've tried different altitudes and up/down speed, but nothing seems to trigger the landing gear with the TX switch in mid position.

http://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/landing-gear.html

"If assigned to a 3-position switch, the middle position will not cause a change in state of the landing gear. In the future, this will be used for an automatic mode, but this is not enabled for AC3.3."

Any idea when it will be implemented?

sorry, no idea. my landing gears are on rx channel. im planning to connect them thru px when this feature is enabled.

Have u viewed some threads about copter 3.4 dev fw ? Perhaps u find out something about this subject from there. :)

After some searching I found this "Added auto-deploy function for Land, RTL and Auto modes".

Still don't know if it works for me, because the weather won't let me try.

great, so it´s in ac3.4 ?

Don't know, but I guess it will be. My PixHawk is on ac3.3.3 (but I could not try it out yet)

hi

Just connected my landing gear to px.

I wonder if the landing gear will anyway do some auto functions..

"Furthermore, the landing gear will automatically deploy immediately upon entering Land mode, as well as the landing phase of RTL mode, or an auto-land in Auto mode. This is especially important in the case of radio failsafe RTL events, where it would not be possible for the pilot to lower the gear manually.

If assigned to a 3-position switch, the middle position will not cause a change in state of the landing gear. In the future, this will be used for an automatic mode, but this is not enabled for AC3.3."

so..automatic mode is missions etc, right ? In that case; "landing gear will automatically deploy immediately upon entering Land mode, as well as the landing phase of RTL mode"

well, i will test that when we have next rainless day.

Have you tested rtl or land modes?

No, no yet.

I have tested the RTL, land and auto modes, but not WITH auto landing gear.

I'll have to wait also, because I've sprained my foot and have sit on chair for a week. :-(

Please let me know if you got results. 

Okay. i did a test flight for my landing gear functions.

Mode RTL: LG is deploying at the beginning of landing phase of RTL.

Radio FS: LG is deploying at the beginning of landing phase of RTL.

Mode LAND: LG is deploying at the beginning of landing phase.

btw. this was the first time i allow px to do auto landing. Super smooth landing, land mode is permanently staying in my radio´s mode options.

Thanks to developers for this great function. :)

sorry, i forgot to mention, all these functions were launched when a 3 way switch for LG on my radio was on the retracted / up position.

Finaly got to do some testing..........

Still no luck though :-(

Please tell me how you connected everything.

VCC and Ground servo to ??? (into PixHawk # ?)

Signal servo to ??? (into PixHawk # ?)

Setting CH8_OPT (or CH9_OPT) in MissionPlanner ???

Is there any wire going from the PixHawk directly to the copters Receiver ???

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service