Auto mission question

Hi Guys

Had my first auto mission last weekend and it all went well.  I just had 4 waypoints around our clubs flying field.  One thing I wasn't sure about is when the last way point is reached does it continue to fly the mission starting at 1 again.  I didn't have any auto land or anything else set.  Reason I ask is that it seemed to take turn to the left after it had finished which I didn't expect.  So I just switched into manual after that.

Thanks

Keith

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi

If you're using copter, It should just land at the last waypoint. You can change this by clicking the chevrons in the green bar at the bottom of the Flight Plan page marked Waypoints. This will bring up another menu; click in the far left row next to your final waypoint to highlight it, then click the Add Below button.

You'll then see a 'blank' waypoint, use the drop down menu to select what the copter does when it reaches the waypoint above it. RETURN_TO_LAUNCH will make it fly back to the place where you first armed at the start of your mission.

You will need to adjust the RTL_ALT and RTL_ALT_FINAL parameters in the CONFIG/TUNING - Standard Params page. Setting both to zero will make the copter fly back to the arming position at its current altitude and then land when it gets there.

- Rick

• Hi Rick

Thanks for the reply.  I'm using a plane that's why I'm bit unsure. 

Keith

This reply was deleted.

Activity