I finally received the 2.6 autopilot and will be installing it in a fixed wing.  I've looked high and low but can't find instructions on hooking up the power module.  It has two power connectors, why?  I assume one connects to the battery but which one?  What's the other one for?

Views: 388

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

@Bill,

This Wiki section should help you out: http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/common-measuring-battery-voltage-a...

Regards,

TCIII Admin

Thanks, Thomas.  That's exactly what I needed.

One other question you might be able to help me with.

Is there a wiring diagram available showing the correct way to wire a fixed wing with two control surface servos?  The text at the wiki is confusing me when it says there isn't enough power for servos but yet it goes on to say you can connect servos to A9, A10, or A 11.  That seems to contradict itself.

@Bill,

If you are using the PM, then jumper J1 should be removed and the APM servo/ESC output power bus should be powered by either a BEC in the ESCs or a stand alone BEC. The servos connected to A9, A10, or A11 should not be powered (+5vdc) by the AMP and should have their own source (BEC) of +5vdc power. Only the servo signal and gnd should be connected from A9, A10, or A11 to their respective servos.

Have you read this section of the ArduPlane Wiki: http://plane.ardupilot.com/wiki/arduplane-setup/first-time-apm-setup/

Regards,

TCIII Admin

That wiki only speaks of the setup not the hook up. 

So we have, on the 2.6 autopilot, an input side, an output side, and a power in which supplies power to the autopilot.  If I understand correctly, I connect the battery to the female end of the power module and the pigtail to the power point on the autopilot.  The male end of the power module is connected to the ESC which is then connected to the motor.  At this point, I'm not using any jumpers.

Now, we have the control surface servos (2) to connect someplace.  I assume those connect to the output of the autopilot in spots 1 and 2, and the pigtail from the ESC would connect to spot 3.  Again, assuming I'm assuming correctly, I connect the appropriate spots from the receiver to the autopilot input of 9 and 10 (for the control surfaces).  Where does the throttle from the receiver connect to the autopilot?

The cables for the servos and the ESC have three conductors, each.  One a control signal, one positive power, and one a ground.  According to your reply, I need to snip the positive conductor, for the servos, before plugging them into positions 9 and 10.  From where can I get the power for the servos?  From where is the receiver getting its power?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service