Autopilot needed for UAV project

Hi everyoneI'm a 4th year engineering student and i'm doing a project on UAV's.I have to build a UAV airframe and integrate a autopilot and auto landing and takeoff system with the airframe. The project mainly consists of building the airframe and then buying all the control systems and integrating everything. I have a buget of about $1500 for all the control systems. I have limited knowledge of autopilot systems and don't really know where to start. Can anyone please help with sugestions for these 2 control systems? I have looked at the Attopilot but I'm not sure if its gona be able to itegrate with a auto takeoff and landing system.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• good point!
    I was thinking via camera, because is in real time.
    But I dont have no ideia how can I do this.
    I find something in internet, but not for UAVs. But maybe I can adapt for use in uav.
    You right, its a big big problem to solution...
    Im happy because I have 2 or 3 years to graduated and conclusion this project...
  • Jano Visser, Hi, my name is Reinaldo, I have just a little same problem.
    Im doing a project on UAV's. Im a 3th year mecatronic engeneering student.
    But my UAV's need to landing, takeoff and track and fallow some target.
    Do you have email?
    Maybe we can help with other...I now some software skill, java, visual basic and c. Not really good but
    I now something. I have 2 or 3 years to conclude this project...

See you!
    http://problem.Im/
  • 3D Robotics
    Auto landing is hard (need to know wind direction, as well as fine-grained altitude/ground distance). If you pick the right airframe, like and EasyStar, you can "auto crash" at slow speed without damage, which is what the Raven does. ArduPilot is good enough for that.
This reply was deleted.

Activity