Bad Video Signal

I am using this Tx/Rx:

and this Camera set for NTSC:

and a 1.3Ghz patch antenna.

The signal is less than ideal. I haven't tested range yet because i'm concerned about the quality first. The video into my TV has about 70% recognizable, clear image. The rest mainly consists of large black blob-like horizontal lines traveling slowly up and down the screen. This is only on channel 7. All the other channels look like poop for the most part, and are worthless. What could be causing this?

Thanks
-Austin

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Sorry to bring this thing back up.

I fixed the problem. My receiver was being powered by an old multi power adapter brick that barely supplied 200ma at 12V. I switched it to a big juicy 12v power supply and the picture is perfect. Thank you all who helped.
  • I was also looking in purchasing one of these also but I dont see how its illegal if operated on the 1.240G or 1.280G band? (The transmitter has 8 Channels 6 of which I believe are illegal) But according to the Frequency Allocation Chart (http://www.ntia.doc.gov/osmhome/allochrt.html) the 1240 to 1300 range is for Amaterur/Radiolocation use. By the way whats radiolocation?

According to BEVRC (the seller) channel 9 is legal
    http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1247790&page=5
  • Hello, has tried to connect the camera directly to the TV to see how you see the image without going through the tx / rx?
    That strong a signal would require at least a basic RFI management protocol, such as ferrite coils, clean wire runs, etc. as well as mounting the TX as far away from the camera as possible.

Are you testing this new toy by itself or with any other FPV/UAV/RC equipt?

Did the supplier not warn you about the possible spectrum violation? Most sites that sell this equipt do!
  • is my 800mw TX legal?
  • :O
  • FYI this is illegal for use in the USA - you would be creating RFI in the military TACAN band and definitely will get busted! I believe the fine is 10 grand!! -KI6OYR-
This reply was deleted.

Activity