Admin

BananaHobby SkyMaster

Hi all, I have been looking at the BananaHobby SkyMaster. It can be bought for $25 off the selling price if you leave off the transmitter/receiver. If this is the same SkyMaster (Not the Nitromodels gas SkyMaster) that Chris has talked about, has anyone had any experience with this RTF? I believe that Chris recommended removing the front motor and doubling the size of the rear pusher motor. Regards, TCIII

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• hobby lobby had them for awhile. discontinued now. bummer. would have been a great UAV platform with a big brushless in the rear.
  • Admin
    Hi all,

Has anyone had any experience with ARF/RTF models from BananaHobby?

Regards,
    TCIII
  • Picture of the Banana SkyMaster

yhst-39858413893234_2043_3834686

and DIY drones apparently has some authority - if you search on Google for "BananaHobby SkyMaster" this thread comes up before Bannana Hobby's site ! :)
  • 3D Robotics
    That's not the SkyMaster I've got. Mine is the NitroModels one. I wrote about it here. It's designed for electric and is very nicely made.
    NitroModels and Raidentech have carried two versions of the 337. It is sometimes hard to find them in stock.
    I have seen several other suppliers advertising the same ones using the exact same pics as well.

Both are meant for fuel engines, but both have been modded by many a builder into EPP.

Both the smaller .25 twin engine one and the larger .45 twin have many threads devoted to them at rcuniverse.

The gist of the forums is that you have to realize these are chinese assembly-line creations, but if you are careful and take your time going over them with a fine-toothed comb and strengthening areas mentioned in the blogs, they can be fine flyers. (with plenty of room for UAV autopilots and cameras)

Youtube also has many vids of both the electric and the nitro engined models.

I am currently trying to work out the right brushless to power my 81" Skymaster...
    I'm taking it slow, and seeing the crashes on youtube sure doesn't help!
This reply was deleted.

Activity