Begginner Aerial Photo and Ortho Photo

Hi Everyone:

I am just starting with this. I would like to know what equipment I would need to set up a System to do Aerial Photography and Ortho Photography plus the software to process them in a scale that could cover say 400 to 1000 has.

Any ideas or links to pre built complete kits or I should start building everything from scratch?

Thanks.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Enrique,

If you just want to stitch images, the best & easiest software to use is Autopano Giga which is $200 or $300 or so. There's a free tool called Microsoft ICE that also works quite well. Neither of these programs do ortho correction. Keep an eye on Dronemapper.com, they have some ortho correction software in the works that should be very affordable and excellent quality. They're also implementing digital elevation mapping and 3d modeling and the early results are very promising.

For a complete kit check out my site, Event 38.com. That will get you up and mapping about as fast as you can hope for. Building a plane yourself is also a possibility. I would recommend the Skywalker, it's a great platform for mapping since it has so much room inside and can fly for almost an hour slowly and steadily.

I'm glad to help if you have any questions, good luck!

• hi, I've come across few products which can do exactly that, such as the GATEWING X100 (bit expensive), or the SENSEFLY SWINGLET...

Would also love to hear of any other product that can take orthophoto. Has any one come across any such thing built around the APM?

Cheers

This reply was deleted.

Activity