Hi ,

We have a requirement to photograph and stitch the geo coded photos of large areas ( ~100 sqkm) and tag certain objects in these images . Once setup flying and feeding the photos must be automatic , only battery change should be required for a manual intervention.

Please suggest a good open source solution and components and softwares needed

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Your in over your head bud, I can tell by the question.
  • Hi Ajay,

We expertise in doing large areas in India. We have experience of doing upto 450 sq. km. (already completed) areas using UAVs. You can get in touch with us at info@indrones.com to discuss your requirement. I think we can be of help here.

• we have close to 500 sqkm of forest area to cover and low resolution aerial 2D maps are enough , what would b the best stitching open source software needed which can work with E384

ECODRONES said:

Yes, you can.

Ajay Krishnan said:

I can see they use mission planning software, will we able to load the maps generated to our dashboard for tagging purposes

ECODRONES said:

I do recommend E384 or E386, from Event38 Unmanned Systems, www.event38.com

Cheers!

Best Solution for photographing and mapping large areas
    Hi , We have a requirement to photograph and stitch the geo coded photos of large areas ( ~100 sqkm) and tag certain objects in these images . Once…
  • Yes, you can.

Ajay Krishnan said:

I can see they use mission planning software, will we able to load the maps generated to our dashboard for tagging purposes

ECODRONES said:

Cheers!

Hi , We have a requirement to photograph and stitch the geo coded photos of large areas ( ~100 sqkm) and tag certain objects in these images . Once…
  • I can see they use mission planning software, will we able to load the maps generated to our dashboard for tagging purposes

ECODRONES said:

Cheers!

• Look into the Lynx by Swift Radioplanes: www.SRP.aero

3 hour endurance for a hand launch drone! plus durable Kevlar construction

• I do recommend E384 or E386, from Event38 Unmanned Systems, www.event38.com

Cheers!

This reply was deleted.

Activity