In the last couple of months I have utterly destroyed two Bixlers. Needless to say I need some advice.
The last crash went like this. The auto mode was set up to fly a trip around the ball park at an altitue of 60 meters (approx. 200ft). When I put the plane in auto mode on the ground the prop went spinning and she took of in a head wind. Then the plane climbed to an altitude of maybe 5 meters (approx. 16 ft) and headed for waypoint 1. The altitude remaind way too low and the turns where way to wide. About 300 meters (approx. 1000ft) wide! Given the low altitude and the wide wide turns the plane eventually found a tree and exploded into pieces. Luckily I was able to recover most of the expensive parts.
- Bix3 kit with Small Parts CNC motor mount
- 2200kv outrunner motor
- 6x4 CCW prop (mounted with the text to the front)
- 2200 mAh LiPo as power source in the nose
- 2200 mAh LiPo payload to counter balance the tail weight in the nose
- The plane was balanced at the proper point
- The servos where centered so that the ailerons, flaps and rubber where level
- The plane was set to be in auto mode the whole time, from start to crash, any change in mode was from the Ardupilot
My two main questions are:
- Why did the plane not climb to the required 60 meter (approx. 200 ft) ?
- Why did the plane take very wide turns and went off track so far?
I really hope you people can help me because I have destroyed two Bixlers and would rather not have this happen a third time in a row.
Thanks in advance.