I know some basic of aerial photograph for mapping and survey but I 'd like to know if there is a fomula to calculate waypoints in function of airplane height, track spacing, area coverage etc. Where can I find sources to guide me for this formula? Thank you.

Views: 908

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

MP planner has a nice tool to calculate your coverage based on lens and digital back.

or

you can fly in stable mode and take a photo at 100' above ground and measure the image size.

once you have the image size, you can develop your waypoint distances based on a forward gain percentage. Pending on the the terrain or features on the ground you can apply a 60%-80% fg strategy for image overlap. I would recommend 60% or better. You apply the same strategy for your sidelap as well.

I recommend the "manual of photogrammetry" for a detailed understanding of the mapping industry.

send me your image coverage area and I can develop your math if you need help.

good luck :)  

- Or, place a horisontal + vertical ruler on a wall, take a photo from 10' distance, multiply measures by 10 ;-)

I mapped my floor as a test when I first got started from about 2'

You have to fly your camera sometime :)

Hi GeoBlu,

MP planner has a nice tool to calculate your coverage based on lens and digital back.

Is it the MAP TOOL > CAMERA ?

If yes, could you explain how to get usefull values from it? Example, I'm about to use the canon sx260 hs camera.

Thanks 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Season Two of the Trust Time Trial (T3) Contest 
A list of all T3 contests is here. The current round, the Vertical Horizontal one, is here

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service