Hey Everyone,

I am sure there has already been a topic on this but I could not fine it.  I have figured out hoe to hook up my 2-axis camera gimble but I can not figure out how to hook up the camera trigger.  Which plug on the APM board are you supposed to hook the servo too?  I have the camera gimbal in 10 & 11 and it is working fine.

ALSO-  I have read that the servos for the camera gimbal should not get their power through the APM board but can someone explain where they shoud get their power from? 

Jason

Views: 457

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The wiki is pretty good for things like this:
http://code.google.com/p/arducopter/wiki/AC2_Camera

You still have to figure out how a servo will trigger your shutter, is this what you were asking about?
Yes it is but it does not illustrate how to setup the servo for the trigger. I am still trying to figure out how to connect the servo so that channel 7 can control it.
There are a few ways to do this, and the choice you make depends on your camera. If the camera can be controlled by a wired remote, you can use a servo switch (which you can make or buy... 3DR or Hobbyking) Or you can just strap a servo to the camera and have it physically press the shutter button when activated.

Personally, I use a servo switch with a Canon camera running CHDK.

check this out.

camera trigger from geobduffy

he switches the camera on using the USB  - uses telemetry / ground station map as the guide as when to turn the camera on.  Camera then running CHDK script.

MJ

Guys,

thank for the advice I'm learning a lot here but I think I am asking my question badly so I hope this photo helps. 

I have a gimbal all set up with a trigger servo just do not know how to wire the servo so channel 7 controls it.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service