Hello everyone.

I'm having a very annoying issue with an APM 2.5 board. I can't manage to do a proper compass calibration. After getting samples for 60 seconds I get the offsets, and the first one is always way out of range.

I get around -215, -60, -100 every time. It varies a little bit, +-10 or so, but that's just about it. I didn't even manage to get something over -200, not even -199.

My first try was inside a laboratory with lots of equipment, so got outside. Still the same. Went to the street. Same results. Took the APM back home and tried it there. Same thing. I just went to my yard to try it out, with the same luck.

What might be the issue? Any ideas?

Thank you!

Views: 1442

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry, I forgot to add that I have tried with and without the battery, cables, even the frame. I've even tried with just the board.

@Pol,

How about providing a picture of your APM mount on your vehicle so we can get an idea as to where it is located on the frame?

You might have to go to an outboard compass to resolve your calibration issue.

Regards,

TCIII ArduRover2 Developer

Hello Thomas, thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately I don't have any photo with the APM installed. Take the attached image as a reference, as the APM is located exactly were the old board was. (I'm still in the mounting process).

Nevertheless, I'm guessing the calibration shouldn't give any problems if it is done without any kind of frame, right? Is it normal that I'm getting a -210 X offset with just the APM board?

I've considered the outboard compass option but I'd like to know what's causing this issue.

Again, thank you.

I think your problem is in metall bolts and nuts too close to magnetometer

Do a mag test om terminal, unless the numbers make sense, the sensor is defective. Also, measure its voltage.

Hello Andke.

Here's a screenshot of the compass test in terminal. 'Heading' seems legit, don't really know how to make sense out of the other values though.

What voltage should I mesure?

Thanks.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Season Two of the Trust Time Trial (T3) Contest 
A list of all T3 contests is here. The current round, the Vertical Horizontal one, is here

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service