Can't calibrate compass on APM 2.5 - Big offsets

Hello everyone.

I'm having a very annoying issue with an APM 2.5 board. I can't manage to do a proper compass calibration. After getting samples for 60 seconds I get the offsets, and the first one is always way out of range.

I get around -215, -60, -100 every time. It varies a little bit, +-10 or so, but that's just about it. I didn't even manage to get something over -200, not even -199.

My first try was inside a laboratory with lots of equipment, so got outside. Still the same. Went to the street. Same results. Took the APM back home and tried it there. Same thing. I just went to my yard to try it out, with the same luck.

What might be the issue? Any ideas?

Thank you!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Do a mag test om terminal, unless the numbers make sense, the sensor is defective. Also, measure its voltage.
  • Admin

@Pol,

How about providing a picture of your APM mount on your vehicle so we can get an idea as to where it is located on the frame?

You might have to go to an outboard compass to resolve your calibration issue.

Regards,

TCIII ArduRover2 Developer

• Sorry, I forgot to add that I have tried with and without the battery, cables, even the frame. I've even tried with just the board.

This reply was deleted.

Activity