Can't connect 3DR 433Mhz radios

Hi all,

I'm trying to connect my new 433 Mhz modules for the first time. They are communicating fine, green leds are solid, red leds are blinking. Settings are loaded on both modules with the same config. Port COM5 has been configured to the same baud rate 57600, so I don't know where is the problem.. Any idea why it's not working ?

I'm using Win7 64bit, Mission Planner 1.2.60 mav 1.0, 2x 433 Mhz radio modules.

3DR_problem.jpg

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi, Excuse me, Where i can get this scematic  ?

Jan said:

Marcin,

As requested :-)

They are controlling the enable and config pins of the radio module.

I'm quite certain that you will need it if you want to change something like the Txpower, or channel number on both units.I'm not 100% sure if they are needed for regular comms.

5335035261?profile=originalHere is an extract of the datasheets of the HM-TRP modules used.

5335035100?profile=originalso the enable pin has to be brought low and config pin high for for normal operation.

Can't connect 3DR 433Mhz radios
    Hi all, I'm trying to connect my new 433 Mhz modules for the first time. They are communicating fine, green leds are solid, red leds are blinking. Se…
  • It's working !!! Reset everything, reinstall driver, reinstall APM, modems firmware to default and now it works ! I do not understand where was the problem, but it seems that if you reinstall everything again, it should work. Thanks guys anyway :)

• Check your connections, you might have the RX and TX wires mixed up.

-Chris

@Michal

Your only way of checking is to find someone else with 3DR radio's and test yours one by one. If one is faulty (like I had) the Mission Planner won't connect. The error shown is a generic MP error and doesn't really give any details about why the connection failed.

The other thing is to make sure your USB is NOT connected or even plugged in at the same time.

I seriously doubt that the same problem that the XBEE's had is present with the 3DR radios, just because the error message is the same. 1000's have been sold and this 'bug' remains undiscovered?

The XBEE's have known problems which is partly why the 3DR radio's were developed. Search for "XBEE bricked", Google pops up 35000 results.

The APM code is very mature, you'd think someone would have come across this before?

If anything it's a hardware fault, my friends and I use the 3DR radios all the time and I even have a RCTimer clone which works perfectly, it replaced one 3DR radio that I blew by accidentally plugging 12V from my FPV OSD setup into the radio.

• I have experienced the same on an XBEE module, see below.

http://www.diydrones.com/forum/topics/xbee-connection-error-on-miss...

It an error in the APM code apparently, so I hope a beta is released soon.

Not sure, mine connected and worked from the get go. Are your Net Id's the same?

This reply was deleted.

Activity