Hi there ,

I've attached the compass to the quad as the image below show (APM points forwards - between yellow arms). and the compass is Rotation_Roll_180.

When I'm calibrating the compass I keep getting reversed results (North shows South).
I've tried rotation none , yaw 180 , rotation_pitch_180 without luck.

1. Does this affect loiter mode ? Alt hold works fine , loiter and RTL don't work well , quad drift and fly somewhere it shouldnt.

2. What can I do in order to get good results from compass ?

Attached image how I mount my Ublox.

Views: 5924

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

from APM mission planner teminal tab u can check the sensors by typing simple commands.....connect and type help u can see several options... to stabilize the quad first try position hold because it is a semi autonomus mode... u can control the throttle at that moment... after successful position hold may try loiter.. If you compass and GPS is working proprly then RTL should work...

My GPS cable is torn.
Where can I get new one ?

Can I do the tests indoor or it must be outside ?

u can do calibration inside but to test feature related to GPS u need to place the quad outside....

either u can manually repair it or try to search in ebay

The black cable was torn from the white connector , i don't see a way to "re insert" it , and the yellow was cut id the middle....

On my copter, my GPS/compass is 6/7 cm above my power distribution and is shielded by a ground plane directly underneath the GPS/compass.

you could try

http://store.3drobotics.com/t/parts/cables

ill bet it uses the same DF13 connectors

Edit: im guessing your not in USA? in which case, 3DR's international shipping rates are astronomical. i may be of no help here

Edit2: Lots of 'APM GPS cable' listings on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/APM-Flight-Controller-GPS-Connection-Cable-...

Sorry about that Eran. Steep learning curve here. You will get the hang of it. I recommend that you get comfortable flying in stabilize before testing any GPS functions. Stabilize is really your manual failsafe. anytime my quad misbehaves when flying with GPS (loiter, RTL, auto), I can quickly switch it back to stabilize and bring it home, assuming i still have line of sight.

I need the cable in the picture ,

if your connectors are ok then just replace the cable by simply detaching them from cable... it is quite simple to detach the cable from those SMD connectors by using only a small pin . after detaching just uncouple the leads from cables by using forceps... the leads are quite small so try to use a magnifying glass to see it

The connector is ok but the black cable got torn directly from the lead... so how I reconnect it to the lead.. that's the problem.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service