Hi my name is deepak

I'm using pixhawk to trigger my canon sx230 hs using chdk on ch7 on pixhawk

while doing auto missions i'm noticing the number of pictures taken by camera is not equal to the number of times pxhawk has triggered the camera, the number of photos is most of the times more than the no of photos the log file says,

im using these circuits in between pixhawk and camera

3691207143?profile=original

Capture.JPG

46040(1).jpg

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I think you are missing the ground wire between the BEC and the - pin on the Pixhawk. See this: http://www.flyingeyes.ca/turnigy-receiver-controlled-switch-wiring/

The Pixhawk only has a 3.3 volt output on the signal wire. I couldn't find the specification sheet for the Turnigy but that could be a problem.

Marco's circuit here works well: http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/using-aux-pins-as-relays-for-chdk...

Turnigy Receiver Controlled Switch - Wiring Setup
    The Turnigy Receiver Switch is a neat little piece of hardware (tiny!) which allows you to turn things like LED lights On/Off from a free channel on…
    • Hey Phil Simpson,

I've done the common ground wiring from pixhawk to the circuit,

used this ciruit after the SparkFun 5V Step-Up  converter didn't workout,

also the triggering is shown in mission planner hud,user items Ch 7 out, pwm changes from 1000 to 1900 set value,

Thankyou.

• Seeing the Ch. 7 PWM change to 1900 means everything in the Pixhawk is set up correctly, that's good. But it could still be a problem with the 3.3 volt output. Try connecting the Turnigy switch directly to the output of a radio receiver powered with 5 volts. If it works there but not on the Pixhawk then it's not compatible with the 3.3 volt PWM. I've had that happen to me on an IR trigger. If it doesn't work, then you have a problem with the Turnigy. I fixed my problem with the IR trigger by putting two diodes in series with the trigger power supply, that made the power supply voltage and PWM voltage about the same and it was happy.

This reply was deleted.

Activity