3691354177?profile=original

After a failed attempt to do some mapping which resulted in most of the pictures NOT being taken, and the ones that were taken being very blurry, I went through my 3DR EAI S100 Lua script and found a lot of the settings had been changed. It has probably been a year since I tried to do any mapping and was disappointed that it didn't work like last time.

Having been through all the settings for the camera and the script that I could find here:

https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/tree/master/Tools/CHDK-Scripts/Cannon%20S100

I am left to wonder about the other settings in the CHDK menu's... 

Do they also need to be adjusted? For example, I found that RAW had been disabled, and that Camera Delay was set to 2 seconds... Do they override the LUA script settings?

Are there are any other settings in there I should look out for? The menu's are quite comprehensive and exhausting to go through. I have been through them all but it would be great if the mapping pro's out there could give me any other tips on what to look out for...

For the record I am using a 3DR Quad 2014, Stock (Just ordered a new GPS Here) with Pixhawk, 3DR Radio Telemetry, Multistar 10000mAh 10C Battery, Custom Camera Control USB cable, Canon S100 mounted using a Gopro Mount with Camera thread adapter, Taranis X9D with Flight Deck and a FrSky Lipo Voltage Sensor.

UPDATE: Have just discovered the newer versions of KAP UAV 2 Lua scripts... Mind Blown ha ha ha

Am very excited to learn about the new PIXHAWK mode and that I can now get feedback from the camera when its shutter is opened giving greater geo tagging precision!

The next trick is to get the new PIXHAWK mode working and make that LED sensing cable - Anybody have further information on this circuit?

I don't want to buy the Tuffwing cable for $40.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Settings for camera feedback from LED:

CAM_FEEDBACK_PIN: 50 (AUX 1)

CAM_FEEDBACK_POL 0

Dont use 53, it is for fast (1ms) capture.

• Or this one... I'm not sure which one to pick!

3702398603?profile=original

• This is the circuit I will try for the pixhawk. I need to check if the S pin will be happy receiving 5v first...3702398487?profile=original

• SERVO10_MIN should also be set to 3000

• CANON S100 SETTINGS:

MODE DIAL - P

MENU:

CAMERA MENU (Looks like a camera)

AF ASSIST - OFF

MF-POINT ZOOM - OFF

SAFETY MF - OFF

FLASH SETTINGS - RED EYE CORR. - OFF

- RED EYE LAMP - OFF

- SAFETY MF - OFF

ISO AUTO SETTINGS - MAX ISO SPEED - 1600

- RATE OF CHANGE - STANDARD

HIGH ISO NR - STANDARD

WIND FILTER - OFF

REVIEW - OFF

BLINK DETECTION - OFF

IS SETTINGS - IS MODE - OFF

DATE STAMP - OFF

SETTINGS MENU (Looks like a wrench and hammer)

MUTE - ON

LENS RETRACT - 0 sec

POWER SAVING - AUTO POWER DOWN - OFF

DISPLAY - 30 sec

SET DATE/TIME/TIME ZONE TO BE CURRENT

TIME UPDATE - ON

GPS SETTINGS - GPS - ON

- GPS LOGGER - OFF

FUNC SET

DR CORRECTION OFF - MENU - SHADOW CORRECTION - OFF

ISO - AUTO

WHITE BALANCE - DAYLIGHT

MY COLOURS - OFF

BKT - OFF

SINGLE SHOT

SELF-TIMER - OFF

FACE AiAF

EVALUATIVE

ND FILTER OFF

16:9

JPEG

9M 4000x2248

1920 x 1080

• Apparently some cameras flash their LED too long when set to FAST mode, resulting in multiple TRIG events logged.

I have heard the SX260HS behaves that way. 

The S100 works fine though when SHOT LED SYNC is set to 1.

• The strange behaviour on the camera wasnt strange at all, it was doind what it was supposed to when set to BURST mode. Setting it to FAST stopped it from taking two pictures for every command :-)

• Have been pointed to this useful article for making the LED Feedback cable:

http://www.glacialwanderer.com/hobbyrobotics/?p=16

Lightning Shutter Trigger for a Camera
  • I believe the RC10_FUNCTION has now been changed to SERVO10_FUNCTION

So the settings to change on the Pixhawk are:

CAM_DURATION  1
    CAM_SERVO_OFF  8000
    CAM_SERVO_ON  3000
    CAM_TRIGG_TYPE  0
    SERVO10_FUNCTION  10
    SERVO10_TRIM  8000
    SERVO10_MAX  32767

And it works, but I am getting a strange behaviour from the camera.

• This is the post I made in the CHDK forum asking for more information - especially regarding to RC10_FUNCTION. Any help you can offer would be much appreciated!

Hi Everyone, Thankyou waterwingz for the time you spend making this awesome script better and better!
    I have a Pixhawk FW APM:Copter V3.5.2 and S100 running CHDK 1.3.0-4228 S100-100e with KAP UAV 3.8 Beta script. My RC is a FrSky Taranis X9D with X8R receiver running latest firmware, OpenTX and FlightDeck.

My setup works successfully when I set it up the "old fashioned way" using my DIY cable to trigger S100 from Pixhawk via USB. 
    I have been reading up here and in the SH260 forum (https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=13028.0) and on the tuffwing page (http://tuffwing.com/support/pixhawk_camera_trigger_cable.html) about the option in the script to trigger via USB called "PIXHAWK" which gives greater accuracy in the logs for GPS positioning when mapping. I am also interested in the LED feedback for even more precise GPS tagging.
    I would like to use these methods, but for now, I don't have a design to build for the feedback cable, and I am currently unable to get the "PIXHAWK" USB Mode working.
    So first things first, I need to get the trigger side working.

The following is from the Tuffwing page, listing the parameters to adjust in Mission Planner's Full Parameter List:
    CAM_DURATION  1
    CAM_SERVO_OFF  8000
    CAM_SERVO_ON  3000
    CAM_TRIGG_TYPE  0
    RC10_FUNCTION  10
    RC10_TRIM  8000
    RC10_MAX  32767
    I can find and adjust all of the parameters except for the RC10_FUNCTION parameter. It just does not exist in the parameters list. I have searched for RC, FUNCTION, even OPT for option. Is this an APM:Plane only setting? Is there a way to use this in Copter?
    As a side note I have CH10_OPT set to 9 (Camera Trigger).
    I also read in this forum waterwingz gave advice saying that the script is looking for a precise PWM pulse 3mS long, but the CAM_DURATION Parameters are set in 10ths of a second (i.e 1 = 10mS) and trying to input .3 results in a 0... So a pulse 0 seconds long is sent when triggered! That obviously doesn't work lol.

What am I missing?

Canon SX260HS accurate geo-tagging
    Hi All; I'm new to this forum and this is my first post: thanks to all developers and contributors for such an awesome work!
This reply was deleted.

Activity