witch is the right way to test our new daughter board GPS, or refirm it, if:
- blue led keeps blinging
- measuring voltage on traces 1 with 3 or 8 gives ~3.12v
- doing a CLI test responds to Lat : 0 Lon: 0 Alt: 127m, #Sats: 0
- View from telemetry: GPS status = 1 -GPSHDOP = 9999 -SAT COUNT = 0
- Visualy looks ok
- Not smelling
- waiting doesnt do anything
- resetting also
* i haven't tried: giving power only from usb on clear sky, reloading APM 2.0 firmware
* Dont know how: making a custom cable, plug it somewhere and follow this MediaTek
I will try some more ideas tonight and post the results
Any cool thoughts??
ok, i re measured voltages from traces 1 & 3 on mediatek with an accurate voltage meter, resulted in 3.31v constant, so power shouldn't be an issue. Just to make sure guys: if my module was fried voltage shouldn't pass through, right?
Also i noticed that the 2 header pins on the back of the daughter board arent soldered, is that ok?
ok, maybe this helps someone.
I went out on clear sky again, but this time with my usb cable and nothing connected to APM 2.0, In 1 minute it had 7 sats with excelent reception.
i disconnected, and connected all my gear. this time i connected via 3dr radios.. like a miracle it started finding sats (slower this time) until 7 sats again... So i suppose problem some how solved with the usb conection.
hmm i was on 2.7.1 yesterday and when testing the board/controls/settings etc the gps works find. I updated to 2.7.3 today and with the exact same setup I have the same problem as you do.
Tried doing the same thing you did (usb power and disconnected sonar/attopilot/esc/rx) but still having the same issue. I've been sitting here for almost an hour in my backyard with a clear view of the sky with no results. :( not sure what to do now...