Collision detection

Hello,

I'm completely new to this forum, so correct me if I posted in the wrong section...

For the study electrical engineering, we have a project for a company doing research on object detection for UAVs (Unmanned Aerial Vehicle).

Now there is quite a lot on the internet to find about sensors etc. but on a forum there is always someone with some experience to find so hence this thread.

The question is really, can anyone advise / inform sensors applied to UAVs? The margin for the detection in eight being taken is about 2 to 3 meters.

Should there be need more information about this project please let me know!

Thank so much for the comment.

Regards,

Michiel

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• For detecting large objects, indoors, I've seen commodity infrared detectors used.  http://www.sparkfun.com/products/8958

Ardupilot mega uses sonar for height above ground, but I have read that if used on multiple axis, they can pick up each others reflections and cause problems.

The most common method is using a spinning mirror laser range finder to create a point cloud.

I think it depends upon what size of object your are trying to detect and at what speed.  I believe the most promising method is using video cameras with the video processed on board.  The problem is that it takes a lot of processing power and code.  Check out the Pixhawk.

This reply was deleted.

Activity