I've had both successful and unsuccessful attempts at Live Calibration with the Pixhawk and Pixhawk clones using USB and Telemetry.

Currently, I'm trying to setup a new airframe, and am not seeing any movement on the live calibration screen when I move my aircraft. The data points number increments, but I don't see axes rotating, white dots, or data points. Upon manually clicking done, I see invalid offsets in the range of 450. 

Any idea what the cause may be? I am running Mission Planner in a VM environment on a mac.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Testing now with the latest mission planner on a PC, in the live compass calibration, the white dots appear and the grid starts rotating, but stops after 3 samples and no longer collects any samples.

• Hi Nick,

Did you get this figured out?  I just updated to the newest firmware and am attempting to calibrate the compass -- no axes, no white dots, no colored dots.  Running WIndows 7 on Parallels 9.

Kamille

• I was able to eventually get this working - but only on an actual PC. I believe Mission Planner's use of OpenGL is problematic for VMs. I've have other stability issues in Mission Planner while running in a VM.

• Developer

what vm emulator are you using?

• Running Windows 7 in the latest VMWare Fusion. Host system is a 2008 Macbook Pro running Yosemite.

I'll test this feature on non virtualized environment, and see if that works for me.

• Developer

this is because your vm environment doesn't support opengl.

This reply was deleted.

Activity