Compile errors with ArduPlane version 2.70

I'm using the Arduino IDE.  I have been working with ArduPlane version 2.63, but just recently decided to update to version 2.70.  But, whenever I pulled in the new firmware and tried to compile i'm receiving these errors:

ArduPlane.pde:-1: error: new declaration 'uint8_t digitalRead(uint8_t)'
C:\Users\David\Documents\arduino-1.0.1\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/Arduino.h:100: error: ambiguates old declaration 'int digitalRead(uint8_t)'
ArduPlane.pde:-1: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before 'int'
ArduPlane.cpp: In function 'int SKETCH_MAIN(int, char* const*)':
ArduPlane.pde:-1: error: 'OK' was not declared in this scope
ArduPlane.cpp: In function 'uint8_t digitalRead(uint8_t)':
ArduPlane.pde:-1: error: new declaration 'uint8_t digitalRead(uint8_t)'
C:\Users\David\Documents\arduino-1.0.1\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/Arduino.h:100: error: ambiguates old declaration 'int digitalRead(uint8_t)'

Does anyone know how to fix this?  I'm using the most recent Arduino (windows version) available in the Downloads section.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi,

I have managed to compile the 2.7 code on OS X, but where do I find the compiled hex file?

Thanks

Matt

• @Paul,

I haven't had any problems compiling AP 2.70 when using the arduino1.0.3 windows version, provided on this website. What I am trying to so is find a Arduino version that will allow me to compile on an Ubuntu machine.
  • Admin

@David,

To compile ArduPlane v2.70 I think that you will need the Arupilot modified version of the Arduino IDE 1.0.3 which can be found here: http://code.google.com/p/ardupilot-mega/downloads/detail?name=ArduP...

You will need to set the flavor of your APM in the ArduPilot menu in the IDE header and then restart the IDE to compile.

Regards,

TCIII

• You need to use the custom version of Arduino v 1.0.3. Be sure and select the correct platform.

This reply was deleted.

Activity