compiling sketch too big in arduino. HELP!

I'm going friggin crazy with this ardupilot stuff. I first burned out my 3.3 regulator after only one time of programming and now as either a result of that or whatever my output on channel 2 does not work. I have read till my eyes are bloodshot and what I have figured out is I can re-map output 2 to 7 or 8 (my copter is a hex). I've downloaded arduino and the latest ardupilot code and even figured out where to modify it. But now when I try to verify/compile it says the sketch is too big? I read some more about making sure just the arducopter and libraries re in the folder and even about using git. Nothing works! I'm about to burn my copter, house, boss and anything else that I see.  I even tried compiling the code without any mods and the same thing. So far this ardupilot thing has not panned out for me and I'm hoping to turn this around into a good learning experience. Also if there is a way to edit a .hex file this would save a lot of time cuz then I could just make the simple mod and load from mission planner. 

My mod is in AP_Motors_class.h and as follows:

#define AP_MOTORS_MOT_1 0

#define AP_MOTORS_MOT_8 1

#define AP_MOTORS_MOT_3 2

#define AP_MOTORS_MOT_4 3

#define AP_MOTORS_MOT_5 4

#define AP_MOTORS_MOT_6 5

#define AP_MOTORS_MOT_7 6

#define AP_MOTORS_MOT_2 7

As you can see slot 2 is swapped with slot 8.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Forget it. After taking college classes in quantum physics,micro controllers and computer sciences and graduating with PHDs in all I got it. (Simple).

This reply was deleted.

Activity