configurator and right motor

Hi everyone.

I finally got my replacement motor after previously having issues with motors shorting themselves out etc, this is the 3rd right side motor now, the last two went up in smoke (literally).

At first it was suspected that it was the poor quality bullet connectors, but the second one was soldered directly to the ESC (which was also replaced at the same time) and the same thing happened, and now motor number 3 just went into the "ticking" stage as I initially connected via the configurator too (still on the second ESC, this time using the pirates code and after configuring from the command line) but i managed to pull the power in time but it still got quite warm. I know others had the same issue and we all decided it was the dodgy bullets, but for me thats now 3 motors, all when connected to the right hand ESC (of which i have had 2) that have all gone into the ticking phase just as i connected with the configurator.

Has anyone else had issues with just the right-hand motor?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Developer

I think it would be good to use a voltmeter to check the power connections into the ESC.  Also what's the amperage of the ESC?  >20amps?

I very much think it has nothing to do with software.  I think you could remove the APM completely and just connect the ESC straight to your radio and you'd have the same problems.

This reply was deleted.

Activity