Looking for a little guidance here. One of our fliers burned out his APM board and I'm attempting a repair. All the info I have right now is that he connected the battery as well as USB at the same time...I'm waiting on confirmation to hear if he connected the battery via the power module.
* Yes this is an original APM board
* Right now - when connected over USB, the board doesn't come up in the COM PORTS listing, and the 32U, or at least that general area gets hot to the touch (internal short methinks)
* The red LED above the 32U is dimly lit - other LEDs are fine
What I'm curious about at this point is this:
1) Is there a way to connect to the ATMEGA2560 directly via ICSP to verify if it still works? That would save me the trouble of unsoldering it and resoldering in a replacement
2) If so would I need a dedicated programmer like the AVR ISP MKII
3) The 32U will likely be replaced. Could you please point me in the direction of the bootloader/firmware that will need to be loaded on to that?
I'm still going through and testing parts to see if the regulators blew, but I just wanted to throw this out there for anyone else who might be able to provide some guidance.
We haven't looked into an RMA considering this was probably a case of user error, but I'd like to give this a go (free training right?)
Thanks in advance.