Connecting and controlling high-end gimbals through PPM/SBUS/CANbus via pixhawk

I have been searching high and low (I believe) for information on how to connect an control high end gimbals for DSLR cameras that only support PPM/SBUS/Canbus etc. for example: https://www.gremsy.com/gremsy-h7

I need to be able to control the gimbal FROM the pixhawk not just passthrough from the remote control.

Any pointers are welcome.

Thanks, Peter

Views: 2535

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So I am using a TBS Crossfire Receiver... Any idea how that would work? It doesn't have an SBUS out.

I have this setup because I wanted to be able to control the gimbal angles from a mission script or from the Dronekit APIs as well as being able to manually control them from my TX. I believe Aducopter will use the S.bus (RCIN) OR the PWM inputs channels from the receiver and output those corresponding channels to the S.Bus of the gimbal. I assume your RX does have PWM outputs. There is a number of parameters to change to get this to work so hopefully I made some notes.

Wyatt said:

So I am using a TBS Crossfire Receiver... Any idea how that would work? It doesn't have an SBUS out.

The attached file is a screen shot of the gimbal setting in MP. I believe in order to have channels 10 and 12 output to the sbus I had to change BRD_SBUS_OUT to 1.

Richard Joy said:

I have this setup because I wanted to be able to control the gimbal angles from a mission script or from the Dronekit APIs as well as being able to manually control them from my TX. I believe Aducopter will use the S.bus (RCIN) OR the PWM inputs channels from the receiver and output those corresponding channels to the S.Bus of the gimbal. I assume your RX does have PWM outputs. There is a number of parameters to change to get this to work so hopefully I made some notes.

Wyatt said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service