Connection Error in APM Mission Planner with wireless telem

Earlier today I had the Mission Planner communicating perfectly with the APM (1.4). But now when ever I try to connect the usual window comes up and says "Getting Params.. (sysid 1 compid 1)". Then that stays for roughly 30seconds then I get "Connect Failed"

What is really interesting is that when I use HK GCS it connects no problem. 

I do have the baud at 57k and I have run the X-CTU on both XBees and everything seemed good there. What else should I try?

Views: 10207

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I can not connect to the usb. comport does not exist i think ive bricked it some how windows sees it as com5 and its there if its plugged in or not i can not uninstall the driver in windows now?

reinstall the comport driver in device manager

It will not let me uninstall or update or remove it just sits there with the death wheel and it shows as there if the board it there or not on the vista computer.. the xp machine show the comport only when connected... the comport driver is the one that came with the mp neither mach has a actual comport. so its just the drivers with mp ?

reboot the pc and try again

I have a set of 3DR Radios 433Mhz, that Works fine. I want to use Bluetooth to communicate With my Nexus 7 Android Tablet.

When searching the net for a Bluetooth module, I fund this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/30083553192sing

5V TTL, and set to 57600

honestly it has at least 8 times in a effort to remove the port and driver its there every time i restart, and if i click the uninstall i just get the death wheel...ive tryed to manully go in and del the drivers in windows/system32/drivers and the vista mach will not let me. the xp did but now that its out im trying to get my track pad back up and running.

ok i was able to use system restore and get back per install i went thru it again and the usb did not connect...i there the 3dr radio on it and usb in the computer and threw blind luck they connected.. i can see gps hud etc via the radio i disconnected and tried usb on com3 no go....  back to plugged the radio in on com 4 and linked right up... i tryed to reload the firmware but say i cannot detect the apm and disconnects the radio. so im assuming you cant flash the firmware via the radio or is the usb not connecting indicating a issue with the apm2.5 ?

Yes as I said in my previous post on December 17th, we tried that, but it just slowed down the link and ended up with the same error.

After posting the video we went through every firmware available, one after the other, i.e. arducopter connected fine. Re loaded arduplane failed. Loaded arducopter hexa worked fine, re loaded arduplane failed, loaded arducopter octa V fine, reloaded arduplane failed, loaded arducopter octa fine, reloaded arduplane failed, loaded arducopter Y 6 fine, arduplane failed, loaded arducopter Tri fine, reloaded ardup;ane failed, loaded arducpoter heli fine, reloaded arduplane failed.

We have tried this on four different computers and three APM 2's, reloaded the APM planner from scratch and it still happens!

Just a side note, this happens whether we use XBees on 2.4GHz or the XRF's on 868MHz, it doesn't seem to matter what is used. As previously mentioned, this all started about two to three months ago now. It worked fine up until that point. Obviously a changed occurred somewhere, whether it was the APM planner or the arduplane firmware no idea. We can only connect to arduplane now by using Control T, nothing else works.

Arducopter seems unaffected by whatever the change was.

Just loaded version 1.2.29. Some success here, the screen issue seems better and the apm now connects on the first attempt although it still stalls on some parameters and still gets bad packets with crc failures.

I then just loaded arducopter quad again and it connects first attempt, no stalling and with no bad packets or crc failures.

Whatever you did seems to be on the right track or is it just coincidence?

in the dos box when connected to both

what do you get in the ???bps section that repeats every seconds.

It varies take a look at http://youtu.be/5NfOoFSDlqM

Is there a way to capture the dos window output in a text file?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service