Has anyone tried both the Contour 1080p and the GoPro HD hero?  It seems like everyone is using GoPros and I havent seen much mention of Contour cameras.

The Countour, has a rotatable lens and slightly more streamlined shape seems like it would be pretty good on a plane.  From all of the samples I have seen online, the video from the GoPro looks quite a bit clearer, but I haven't found many full 1080p samples from the Contour.

Let me know if anyone has any input as I am debating which one to get.

Thanks

Views: 2838

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have both GoPro and Contour cameras. I've been using the Contour+ for motorcycle helmet use but plan to install a mount on my UAV. I have no problem either way with video quality of both brands but admit I've typically used GoPro on the UAVs simply because of the readily available gimbals for GoPro. I like the rotating lens on the Contour to give me more mounting options. My interest is to have a little fun with the Contour's Story Teller program to see what speed, altitude and other GPS features the program captures. Contour ..... Go For It!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Season Two of the Trust Time Trial (T3) Contest 
A list of all T3 contests is here. The current round, the Vertical Horizontal one, is here

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service