Warning #1: an issue has been found with Tower's Pause button which can cause the vehicle to fly to an old position if the vehicle has not sent a position update to Tower in some time.

Warning #2: Copter-3.3.2 fixes a bug found in Copter-3.3.1's desired climb rate initialisation which could lead to a sudden momentary drop when switching from Stabilize or Acro to AltHold, Loiter or PosHold.

Warning #3: Copter-3.3.2 fixes an issue found in Copter-3.3.1 which could lead to hard landings in RTL or AUTO if the WPNAV_SPEED_DN was set too high (i.e. >400 or 4m/s) and/or the WPNAV_ACCEL_Z was set too low (i.e. <100 or 1m/s/s).

Warning #4: a bug was found in Copter-3.3 which could cause a sudden crash if you abort a Take-off initiated from a ground station.  Video description is here.  The bug is fixed in Copter-3.3.1 so we recommend upgrading.

Note #1: AC3.3-rc8 corrected a long standing bug in the HDOP reporting.  HDOP values will appear about 40% lower than previously but this does not actually mean the GPS position is better than before.
Note #2: if upgrading from AC3.2.1 the vehicle's accelerometer calibration needs to be done again.
Note #3: set SERIAL2_PROTOCOL to "3" and reboot the board to enable FrSky telemetry like in previous versions.
Note #4: the wiki will be updated over the next few weeks to explain how to use the new features

Copter-3.3.1 is available through the mission planner.  The full list of changes vs AC3.2.1 can be see in the ReleaseNotes and below are the most recent changes since AC3.3.

Sadly this version (and all future versions) will not run on the APM2.x boards due to CPU speed, flash and RAM restrictions.

Changes from 3.3:

1) Bug fix to prevent potential crash if Follow-Me is used after an aborted takeoff

2) compiler upgraded to 4.9.3 (runs slightly faster than 4.7.2 which was used previously)

Changes from 3.3-rc11:

1) EKF recovers from pre-arm "Compass variance" failure if compasses are consistent

Changes from 3.3-rc10:

1) PreArm "Need 3D Fix" message replaced with detailed reason from EKF

Changes from 3.3-rc9
1) EKF improvements:
    a) simpler optical flow takeoff check
2) Bug Fixes/Minor enhancements:
    a) fix INS3_USE parameter eeprom location
    b) fix SToRM32 serial protocol driver to work with recent versions
    c) increase motor pwm->thrust conversion (aka MOT_THST_EXPO) to 0.65 (was 0.50)
    d) Firmware version sent to GCS in AUTOPILOT_VERSION message
3) Safety:
    a) pre-arm check of compass variance if arming in Loiter, PosHold, Guided
    b) always check GPS before arming in Loiter (previously could be disabled if ARMING_CHECK=0)
    c) sanity check locations received from GCS for follow-me, do-set-home, do-set-ROI
    d) fix optical flow failsafe (was not always triggering LAND when optical flow failed)
    e) failsafe RTL vs LAND decision based on hardcoded 5m from home check (previously used WPNAV_RADIUS parameter)

Thanks for your testing!

Views: 374476

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Artem,

The compass variance should only happen when the compass doesn't agree with the other movement of the copter.  So if it was oriented incorrectly that would certainly appear.  It can also happen if there's interference from the motors or if there's metal on the frame that warps the magnetic field.

By the way, the "compass variance" is not actually triggered by having internal and external compasses that disagree.  That situation produces the very similar "inconsistent compass" pre-arm message.

Ray,

What you describe is planned for Copter-3.4.  I have a half-baked development version that uses the terrain database (fed from the google-earth or other mapping services) but it needs a bit more development and lots more testing before it's ready.

Richard,

Boat mode isn't included in Copter-3.3.2.  If you're feeling brave you can load up "master" though you can go to MP's  Install Firmware page and press "Ctrl-Q" to get V3.4-dev.  Many of the devs fly master but please remember it is broken from time to time.

anyone have this??? http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__81874__PixFalcon_Micro_P...

thoughts... settings etc etc.. mods youve done...??

i have one flies pretty good.. getting alot of errors though mainly variances on the compass.. but ive removed the checking feature on that .. if i turn the copter by hand left and right it goes to a green light.. kinda weird... but thats indoors.. im going to try 3.3.2 rc 2 outside tomorrow.. i re set everything from compass rc transmitter even esc calibration.. to make sure im good..

just wondering if anyone has it what you think etc..

Brad,

Sorry for the slow response.  I may have answered your question on the APM:Forum but in case that wasn't you, you can use MOT_THST_MAX to reduce the maximum possible output to the motors.

Wilson,

Thanks for testing and sorry for the slow reply.

I have no idea what those error messages that you've seen are.  Our highest error message is 20 so I'm unsure where 195 has come from although my guess is it's caused by some corruption in the log or a display issue in the MP.  If you have the log still I can take a peek.

We've got a new discussion re optical flow which you've probably already found but here it is in any case.

Feel free to report that Tower issue here.  Maybe it's crashing if it gets a message it doesn't understand although really it should have protection against that kind of problem.

If the video from the USB-fpv system is H264 then it should be possible to get it displaying in Tower but maybe pinging the Tower guys through their community page is the way to try and get that working.  I googled for the USB fpv system from CUAV but couldn't immediately find it.  If you have a link I'm a bit interested in checking it out.

I've got one but I've only put it through some bench tests, I've never actually flown it.  It seemed ok to me except it doesn't allow easy connection of the ground wire to the ESCs.  We recommend connecting the signal and ground wires for all ESC to the Pixhawk because without it the ESCs can be confused about the voltage coming across the signal wire which can lead to ESC reliability problems.

So people seem happy with Copter-3.3.2-rc2?  I haven't seen any unexplained problems that I think could be caused by the new release so I'm tempted to push it out as the default tomorrow... I guess I'd just like to hear from people here who have tested it that it seems ok to them as far as they can tell or "no don't release!" if you've seen problems.

By the way, I think there will be a copter-3.3.3-rc1 within another week or so with a couple of very minor changes.

+1 from me - I have done many flights on my QAV250 with rc2 good success. My only snafu was my serial settings getting borked, but I suspect that's a MP issue.

BTW did you see my question about "Accelerometers not healthy"? I was flying one day with rc2 when it was much colder (0C rather than 15C) and I was getting these all the time. Does switching off IMU2 disable it for pre-arm checks also?

Altimeter, geo-reference, laser range-finder

When a laser range-finder is used is it possible to use this altitude as the default for the geo-reference process.

As I understand, currently laser-altimeter is not used for auto missions, and probably either barometric or GPS is used for geo-referencing.

Thanks

Hi! I have two problems since rc2, i think :-(
1) when i raise the trottle stick, nothing happen till 90%. In the logs there is 90% thrIn and about 45% thrOut. Same with pitch and roll for example, the copter starts to do the action when the stick is shortly before its limits.

2) since rc2, mission planner / tower says "check throttle threshold" and it is not possible to arm until i uncheck the receiver failsafe. It worked till rc1/rc2 I think

Nothing changed in config, did the normal wizard to configure all.

Would be very nice if you can help, randy! ;-)
Hi
Plugged mine in in the house about 20 deg went outside armed and flew then after a few mins would not hold position as it was 0degs
started to slop off so I think gyros or accelerometers didn't like temp change
Reconnected power outside and flew fine once it calibrated it's self at colder temp
Stuart

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service