Well, I should have taken the advice of, pretty much everybody, and built a simpler model as my first build. But I didn't... I jumped right in and built a DYS D800 X8, and a Tarot X6 at the same time. I took the D800 X8 out yesterday for her maiden flight.

I really took my time building this thing. I studied everything I could find. I used a Pixhawk, and I very carefully did all of the calibrations, and motor checks in Mission Planner. From my limited experience, it all looked good. Motor numbers, and rotations all look good. I was very careful about installing the props. I'm pretty sure I got all that right.

Here's what happened: I found a great place to maiden flight. Set up everything. radio on. Battery on craft connected. Tower as a GCS. Everything looks good. Good GPS. I armed the craft, and got very nervous, so I disarmed. Did that about 7 times. Finally got up the nerve to go for it. Throttled up, and she rose a bit and immediately did a very fast back filp to the port side and landed about 10 feet away. Some damage, but it can be repaired.

Now I'm trying to figure out what went wrong. I'm a beginner at all this, and reading flight logs. At first glance it looks as though the voltage drops out, and the current spikes as soon as I throttle up. After adding a few more lines to the chart, it looks as though the barometer is going crazy each time I armed/disarmed (when the props spin). The barometer really went crazy on the fateful throttle up.

Could one of you kind folks please take a look at my flight log to help me determine what went wrong and how to fix it? I'm a beginner who took on way too much. However, I am a quick learner. I just need some help. I have attached the log. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Views: 950

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for the reply.

Flight time with no “additional payload” is about 8 minutes, with the red-blinking light on almost from the first 10 seconds.
Do you think the 10C discharge rate is an issue?  I suppose not, because while it might reflect a strain on the set-up to fly, it would not explain the short flight time.
I re-tuned my scalp and I think I get what you get (image attached).
This DIY drone guy is looking again at just buying a DJI Spreading Wings 1000 configuration... I almost give up.
-Peter
Attachments:
Well I hooked up a power analyzer and took off (with a 7 lb. payload in addition to the craft, for a total AUW of about 12 pounds) with these "max" results:
1517 Watts Peak
6.6 Watt Hours
1143 Amps Peak
445 Amp hours

...but I don't know how to interpret these in terms of (1) am I ruining the battery or engines? (2) does it tell me why the flight times are so short?, and (3) is it telling me anything about whether or not the batteries in fact did have 16,000 Amps.

Interpretations and other suggestions welcome.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service