Data Flash Log - Line Number to Seconds

Hi there,

I was wondering if someone mind please explaining how to change the x-axis to have units of time (seconds,milliseconds, etc.) when graphing/exporting Data Flash Logs in Mission Planner. Currently, Mission Planner's Data Flash Log browser plots the value selected vs line number by default, but how do you determine how much time has elapsed between each line number?

Ultimately I would like to analyze this data in MATLAB or Python, and any input is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Screenshot_1.png

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• miroseconds since boot..  you can offset it by GPSTime and GPSWeek.

• Hi Andre,

Thanks for your help. I managed to export the data to MATLAB using the "Create MATLAB File" feature in Mission Planner.

However, I was wondering if you knew what units the "Time US" parameter is in?

3702432969?profile=original

Thanks

Andre K. said:

for MATLAB/ python use mavlogdump.py to dump the log in a way that is easy to parse.  (install mavproxy if you don't have it yet.)

For analysis/browsing the log, use the best tool; APMPlanner2.

Hi there, I was wondering if someone mind please explaining how to change the x-axis to have units of time (seconds,milliseconds, etc.) when graphing…
  • Actually I got the time axis working in APMPlanner 2. Thanks

• 3702432852?profile=original

• In MP check 'Use Time'.
  • Thank you very much Andre. I will try implementing your suggestion.

Andre K. said:

for MATLAB/ python use mavlogdump.py to dump the log in a way that is easy to parse.  (install mavproxy if you don't have it yet.)

Hi there, I was wondering if someone mind please explaining how to change the x-axis to have units of time (seconds,milliseconds, etc.) when graphing…
  • for MATLAB/ python use mavlogdump.py to dump the log in a way that is easy to parse.  (install mavproxy if you don't have it yet.)

This reply was deleted.

Activity